Since I posted my list of favorite documentaries of 2006, I've been able to watch four of those listed then as "not seen yet". I have just incorporated them into the list as merited.

My Country, My Country
focuses narrowly on a Sunni physician who ran for a legislative seat during the January 2005 elections in Iraq.

Street Fight
Two black men, a young Yale grad and a old-school 4-time incumbent, in a close race for Mayor of Newark, N.J. The film is less interesting for what it has to say about American politics than what it exposes about prejudice and stereotyping within the African-American community.

Deliver Us from Evil
Insightful and compelling film about pedophilia within the Catholic Church and the mishandling of allegations by Catholic hierarchy. Deliver Us from Evil tells the 20-year saga of Father Oliver O'Grady and his victims, then uses it to present a larger view of the issue, including how Catholic dogma and organization create the problem and allow it to fester. Along with the German film discussed below (and Andy Warhol: A Documentary Film), the most critically acclaimed documentary of 2006 (according to metacritic).

Our Daily Bread
Audiovisual poetry depicting industrial food production in Europe. Careful attention given to image composition, color palette, and sound design. It's time to dust off the overused term "meditation on..." for this commentary-free but thought-provoking film. Viewer reaction likely to vary depending on viewer's life experience (Variety, quite appropriately, calls it a "tabula rasa"). Some critics have described it as "disturbing" (Dargis) and "difficult to sit through"(Mark Mohan). If you've traveled to rural Third World areas or watched Fast Food Nation or the segment on milk production in The Corporation, you might, like me, find Our Daily Bread quite civilized and comforting.