Thread: Transporter was craptastic

Transporter was craptastic

Yes I paid good money to see this movie. To quote Delroy Lindo in "Get Shorty" I have seen better film on teeth. All the best scenes were shown in the previews, the stereotypes were preposterous. Quality action was replaced with quick cuts. Man, I though the car chase in "The Rock" was too choppy! Why does a movie that could be a cool, hard-boiled revenge picture (think "Hard Boiled, the original "Get Carter") resort to comic-book lack of realism that takes all the suspense out of the movie?

I can understand your disappointment in The Transporter. One element I appreciated in the movie, however, was the under-use of special effects for their martial art scenes, and the more straight forward use of actual martial art moves. There were some particularly nice shots that I haven't seen before. The Transporter was average as it goes, but I wouldn't trash it when it comes out in video. The ending wasn't the usual climatic battle of the ages, but it was quick and effective for a change. I found the movie a good action movie to waste your time on if you are looking for something to do, just don't expect something really, really good.