I've read your Rendezvous section with great interest.
Glad to hear that and I'm going to try to follow your Miami reports much more closely this year.
There are 92 features being shown, about the same as last year when I managed to watch 54. I should be able to surpass that number this year. But I'll miss over 30 and one hopes one can manage to watch every good film that doesn't have distribution. .
94 in a sense is a manageable number, not that one can see them all but that one has a better chance of assessing or guessing how worth seeing them may be. When it's 150 or 200 or 300, it's really hopeless. But my imporession is that you can never really know, and that you (I,one) guess (guess, guesses) wrong quite often sometimes. But still, it's quality rather than quality that matters. That's why I like the NYFf better than the SFIFF and enjoy the very small series like the N.I.C.E. and the Rendez-Vous, which one can actually encompass. I would not necessarily want to skip documentaries, but I can see skipping commercial releases, assuming that you can see them when they're in commercial release. Context helps and things I see in Paris or New York or at the NYFF look better and make more sense to me than elsewhere or at other times, so I have gotten a lot out of seeing commercial release films at the NYFF, but then, there were only 28 total to see.