Bowling for Colombine is different than Moore's previous works, in that his agenda is a question and not an answer. Whatever your political stance may be you must recognize that his film is probing the facts and not ranting and raving. If you have come to a leftist conclusion by watching it than perhaps that is because your brain has made the connections. Personally, as a liberal my own guns theory was debunked by the film. Instead I was asked to explore some other options along with the film maker. The notion of a culture of fear is one that had occured to me but I had not previously connected that idea with gun violence. I don't think Mr. Moore felt certain enough of that theory to build the entire film around it. Instead he is simply saying "This is pretty interesting and it's the best I could come up with." The film is powerful and moving, and if you are so caught up in the politics of it and cannot see that this man cares about the great majority of the average joe, than you have bigger issues than the one he is tackling. Drop your guard and simply ponder the ideas being discussed in the film.