Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ridley Scott: AMERICAN GANGSTER

Blade Runner is Scott's masterpiece and finally, in 2007, he managed to release a version that is truly a director's cut. It's touring the country and will be released on December 18th on dvd. It's called "The Final Cut" and it's different than the one the studio inaccurately called "director's cut" which was released in the 1990s. Blade Runner's production history is extremely complicated and interesting. Perhaps we can discuss further in the future.

To say that AMERICAN GANGSTER is "mediocre" is not only harsh, it is inaccurate.

It is an opinion. An opinion is not inaccurate. It may be disagreed with but that is all.

Many if not most of your statements about the film, bix171, were accurate, yet you failed to coordinate your descriptions with your assessments, which is essential in a review, if it's to make sense.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Please elaborate with examples.

We seem to be splitting hairs here. It's simple, as far as I'm concerned: American Gangster is a competently made gangster flick with no originality and highly questionable morals. The thought of it getting any nominations thus media attention is not pleasant to have. Don't miss Scott's final cut of his classic Blade Runner in theaters or at home (12/18/07).
    Last edited by oscar jubis; 12-03-2007 at 07:54 PM.

I hear there's a new DVD set with 5 versons of Blade Runner coming out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12