Thread: You Don't Mess With The Zohan

You Don't Mess With The Zohan

This Adam Sandler film looks hilarious (from the trailers) and I'm gonna check it out on Fri.
    He's an Israeli commando who becomes a hairdresser?!

"Zohan" is not an Israeli name, according to peeps on the imdb, and I wonder how he came up with it- it's a little like "Johann", and we all know you don't mess with the Johann.. right?

Ha ha HA
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Ridiculous, but it's meant to be

I laughed pretty hard at a few jokes in this outrageous Adam Sandler vehicle, and I liked it's sentimental messages, so it gets a thumbs up from me.

Sandler plays "Zohan", an Israeli counter-terrorist who wants to get out of the killing game and get into the very gay game of styling and cutting hair, his new mission is to make ze hair "silky smooth"...(?)

Zohan is better than James Bond with some of his "techniques" for taking down terrorists and other baddies. I loved (and laughed at) watching Sandler in crazy fight scenes and wild action sequences. He is quite the super-killer, climbing walls faster than Spider-Man, jumping off roofs and onto moving vehicles, smashing through windows (plate-glass and stained-glass alike)
    and handling weapons with a skill that Rambo would approve of.
    But it's all in silly fun. This is a comedy that will either really tickle your perverse bone or turn you off completely.

Zohan becomes a hairdresser in an ethnic salon where he works his way up from sweeping and suctioning hair up from customers to revolutionary major-in-demand coiffeur. How revolutionary?
    Well, Paul Mitchell himself offers the guy stock options.
    Good enough for ya?

Mariah Carey, Rob Schnieder, that "Let's Get Ready To Rumble" dude, George Takei and Kevin Nealon all have cameos.

I don't know what Sandler's actual message is with this movie, but he's got a "Give Peace a Chance" theme, a racial harmony theme, a big bone is thrown to the homosexual community and of course older women are given some "special attention" during this crazy crazy comedy.

People behind me were howling often, at bits like the cat hackey-sack, the way Sandler swims to catch up with his arch-enemy The Phantom (a great John Turturro), his giant eye-grabbing crotch (a frequent running joke) and the "dialing the phone number" sequence. That sequence was funny as shit. I smoked a J beforehand and that scene stood out for me. Hilarious scene with Rob Schneider.

The ending has lots of huge explosions and action.
    Great way to kill a few hours if you ask me.
    Very silly and very funny.
    Don't take anything too seriously- this is Adam Sandler.
    Next to Anger Management, this is my fave of his I've seen.
    Last edited by Johann; 08-19-2008 at 08:43 AM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd