Thread: Technical glitches

Technical glitches

Some technical glitches I've encountered here:

I've written some posts that when I click to post them I'll get a message saying "Thread not specified" or I'll have to log in again to post it, only to find that all the writing disappeared!
    I've given up on many occasions (and quite a few were really good to my mind). After spending twenty to thirty minutes typing something only to have a prompt say "Thread not specified" is enraging, because I know I'll have to log in again and again lose all of the writing. What the hell is that problem?
    And how in the hell can the thread not be specified or not acknowledge my previous log-in?
    I mean, you can't write anything unless you're logged in, correct?
    So what is this problem?
    I've tried posting one line sentences (and *editing*) before starting to write a long narrative and I've STILL lost work.
    It's like the computer is fucking with me!
    Do we have hackers here?
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Second to the Last Resort of the Frustrated

There are times when I actually resort to copying my text onto Microsoft Word (actually Corel WordPerfect, if you can believe it) so that I don't loss all my work, but not all the time to which I've really kicked myself.

hey, yeah, im to blame for the lack of action on stuff like this. last semester of graduate school, a thesis and teaching assignments.... i suck, in short. I think the problem that youre describing is because of the amount of time taken to write a post... not sure. I'll set that to the maximum allowable. The only other thing I can think of is that 'cookies' which are used to log you in are being disabled by your browser for some reason...

pics on the way.

The site - i enjoy it and hope posters do as well. I dont want to see it end nor does it seem necessary. I just dont have many free moments... I wish we had someone who could program.... basic programming... in the meantime, im the best slouch we've got im afraid.

hope everyone is well. hope to get something together for images shortly.
    Peter

I asked a computer nerd friend what he thinks the problem is/was and he said what you mentioned: the browser is not recognizing the cookies. I've been using city of Toronto public library IP addresses, so that could be the problem right there.

I'll post a review and see.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Yeah, that makes sense. I would guess that a public library would disable certain things like "cookies", installs, certain downloads... not sure though. I suppose you could type in a txt file and then copy/paste to filmleaf. if it didn't work (you get logged out), youd still have a copy that could be posted from another computer at a later date... The old computer nerd backup mantra.

Hope it works!