As I only spent a short time at the AGO, I'll be back many more times for sure. You could spend all day just in one room! I haven't mentioned the African collection they have, which will thrill any art lover. They also have works by Gainsborough, van Gogh (both artists that Stanley Kubrick liked), Andy Warhol and the collection of Canadian art from long time ago to the present will boggle your mind.

For the serious lover of the arts, this is a must-attend attraction in Toronto. There are multi-media areas, that show live interactive installations (some with films) and seeing everything comprehensively is impossible in just one visit.
They have a very nice gift shop and friendly staff.
The building is practically brand-new and it's a stunning structure, inside and outside. The maps are easy to read even though the museum is huge to negotiate.

Many kids were there, and some seemed to be as in awe of the works as their parents. I saw one little girl go "wow" when seeing an amazing stained glass piece from an old church.
I was saying "wow" in my mind too.
Some artifacts are just so beautiful at AGO.
The curators and lighting designers deserve awards.
I think the museum will be in the news a lot in the coming years as a fantastic cultural landmark.
It's Toronto's Louvre.