Thread: Yo, DJ.....HIT ME!!

Threaded View

What does Revolution mean

'Love' LIVE
    THE CULT at Massey Hall

Greatest concert I've ever seen.
    And I've seen a few, brotha.
    (EDIT: THE STOOGES show at NXNE 2010 has eclipsed the Cult show for me. That's the truth.)

I've never been inside Massey Hall until last night (Sept. 14/09).
    It is an amazing place, with an amazing historical vibe.
    It's considered Canada's Royal Albert Hall, with a vast array of artists and bands who've claimed to play there.
    If you play Massey Hall, chances are you're pretty damn good at what you do.

The show began at around 8pm, with opening local act LIONESS, a three piece, with a sultry, sexy black female singer whose name I don't know and who can wail like Grace Slick and has a beautiful afro. She was dressed in a black top with frills and black skin-tight spandex pants. She was very hot and a great, great singer.
    She was accompanied by a drummer and guitarist, who came out with skull masks on. The drummer also had one of those lighted t-shirts, that blink. He could pound those drums like a warrior...
    Great drumming. I'd never heard of this group, but it was powerful, psychedelic and it fit in well with the vibe of the CULT.
    I can see why they approved of them to open for them.
    They got loud applause and I'm sure sold a few CD's.
    (I didn't buy one but maybe I should have).

The Cult made us wait in tension-filled excitement for about 45 minutes while their stage was set up. Their crew were wicked fast, but it still took 45 minutes to set it all up, complete with huge big screen to project their backdrop films, which were so awesome I can barely describe it.
    9:30 they hit the stage.
    Last edited by Johann; 07-10-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd