Thread: Speak out and never hold your peace!

Indiana John Guest

Speak out and never hold your peace!

Michael Moore, Jesus God, Thank you!!!!

this movie was excellent. I'm Canadian and I've never been so friggin' proud to be Canadian ever before. I kinda feel bad for Charlton Heston and Dick Clark, cause they've ruined what little they have left of a career... NOT!!! Those morons deserve what they got. Although, historically the first 2 school shootings ever took place in Canada, the second of which happened at the same High School that Dan Ackroyd went too. Those two Columbine kids weren't driven to kill by the music they heard or the clothes they wore or even the bowling they did before they went on a rampage, it was the most likely the Columbine High School bullies. They're the ones who should go to jail. Anyway, I sure was happy not to be an American, especially after this movie.

Indiana John Hill
    Proudly Canadian!

Ansonm Guest
    Hey now hey now,
    Dont think Michael Moore was saying its best to not be an American. In fact I think he's quite patriotic. Hes just wondering why the hell things are so messed up here some times. Nevertheless, congratulations on being a Canadian! I think its a nice country. A tad on the cold side, but nice.

Anson

Indiana John Guest

I agree

I agree dude, Michael Moore is very patriotic. As he should be. There's stuff that I absolutely love about the USA. I think I'm a little too much of a Canada fanatic. And I apologize if I offended anyone out there. I'm glad we have Michael Moore, he's this generations Hunter S. Thompson.

Indiana John Hill
    Apologizing.

Ansonm Guest
    No problem, didnt take offense. Canada gets too much crap, so we might as well get some too. Funny website you got there. Canadian Jackass or should I say Jackass is the American version of Adventure Club. Which by the way did you see?

Anson

Indiana John Guest

Of course!!!

I saw it, and loved it. Then I saw it again. Still loved it. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Indiana John Hill
    Smiling

Maria Guest
    Hello from Switzerland. I saw this documentary yesterday evening and I loved it. I felt like applauding with both hands and feet at the end. And I did it.

I agree with people in here, nothing to be ashamed of to be an American. All the contrary. Because of people like Michael Moore, and there are thousands, millions in America, they only need to gather their guts and start to SPEAK, because of people like Michael, Americans can be proud.
    America surely is a tormented country, full of faults, of things difficult to understand for Europeans or even Canadians next door. But, I usually have a image to picture America: America is the shore, sometime rotten, sometime beautiful, where all the dreams and nightmares of humanity are about to come to reality. Nightmares must die. Dreams come true. We all know how difficult it is to come to term with our old demons, it is a tough job, but America is doing it and nobody can critize them. Just look through the lids of our hearts. Love makes things more understandable.

At the end of the movie, I felt like kissing Michael, hugging him and say "thank you for your honesty. We know part of America is what you say it is. But we also know that America will survive, will change, because of people like you. THANK YOU".
    I also felt like kicking Charlton Heston's ass, but I felt pity for him as I looked at him walking away from Michael who was holding the picture of the child in his hands. This sequence of the picture of the little dead girl vs old "alive" CH walking away from Michael, was so intense, I felt like crying.

The story does not say whether this girls' picture will remain in CH's house, or not.. Maybe, CH's eyes will be filled with tears looking at her... Maybe there will be more than tears... The story does not say, but maybe next one will...

I've bet $100 that Michael Moore will NOT win the oscar. For the same reason he made his documentary: America cannot face the truth.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Originally posted by Johann
    I've bet $100 that Michael Moore will NOT win the oscar. For the same reason he made his documentary: America cannot face the truth.
    Johann--

This does not represent the Johann I know. BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE was a huge success in my part of the country. Some Americans cannot face the "truth." Others have a hard time with issues such as gun control because of the frustration of dealing with attitudes about the "right to bear arms" that the NRA has thus far successfully managed to engender as "holy writ." But enough people recognized Moore's point, and his effecitve use of film in delivering it, that he did win. Great!

Moore also was unafraid with regards to another issue that clearly shows a divided population. As you could tell if you watched Moore's acceptance speech, there were reactions even in the Academy crowd that showed how polarized Americans currently are about the preemptive war in Iraq. I was thoroughly enjoying what Michael had to say (especially considering that all of the nominees in that category were united behind him) to the point that I did not realize until I saw it replayed that there was both cheering and booing in the audience.

There are Americans, and then there are Americans? I doubt if there is any issue that can definitively characterize us.

Sorry you lost your $100. Was that in Candian funds?