Thread: Mostly Martha A Feast For The Eyes

Mostly Martha A Feast For The Eyes

This little German movie is a delight about food and about relationships. Here we have a woman, a chef, a good one at that who must cope with a young girl who she brings into her life when the girl's mother dies. There are great shots of the atmosphere and life behind the operations of a restaurant and there are great scenes about the importance of food, but also the importance of being human in other respects. This is an uplifting, sometimes funny, sometimes sad movie in German with subtitles that anybody who eats out or cooks or has children or has an obsession of one kind or another can truly appreciate and learn a great deal from watching this movie. Three and a half stars out of four.

Ansonm Guest
    i think there was a mostly martha forum here at one point. You might check there for other comments. See the archive above. Not sure, but a vague recollection that there was a forum for it. I personally did not see the film, but 3.5 stars out of 4 must mean good things.

I Thought I Was Losing It

Thanks for your information. I thought I remembered seeing a Mostly Martha forum somewhere. I will look for it.

Sigh, Alas...only Two Messages Over There

I found the Forum under Other Suggestions with only to messages on it. One from the administrator back in August. Poor Martha must be devastated with famine by now.