INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS is a rare movie for me because I didn't like it, I found it distasteful, and it brutalized and trivialized an important historical period in our World. Nevertheless, Tarantino is at the top of his game with brilliant psychological scenes full of fascinating dialogue and acting that has been rarely brought to the screen in contemporary films. I found the ultimate dispostion of most of the characters, abit far-fetched and took away some of the conflicted satisfaction I found in watching THE GREAT ESCAPE (1963). The characters were captivating if not well-rounded personalities and as such created an stereotypical context that permitted the black and white ravaging slaughter that appeared on screen, unlike Steven Spielberg's SCHINDLER'S LIST (1993). The trailers also did a disservice to the actual nature of this film which I found compelling and the storyline was solid and edited well together. Overall, this is not the movie I wanted to see, but I have to admit that it was technically well done and deserves its laudatory comments for those who accept the brutality and the two-dimensional characters and conflicted outcomes of this movie.