Thread: New Style is temporary

New Style is temporary

Just an update: The "style" of the current forum is temporary. I am working on a new style which I'll put up when its closer to completion. Things won't be nearly as bulky, out-of-the-box or so complex as they are now. Wanted to let you know as you probably won't see too many new changes to this particular style for a few days. I'll be implementing them but they won't be visible.

Thanks,
    P

Actually the new styles feature of the software is buggy and not working. So I'll be editing on the fly. Apologies. If it gets too hairy, I'll revert back to the out of the box style...

FilmWurld.com
    FilmLeaf.com
    FilmLeaf.net
    What's next?
    FilmNetLeaf.com?

I don't know if I like this new format.
    It seems all of the life has been zapped out of it.
    Photos are gone, navigation seem harder...why the changes?
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Yeah, changing the names has been a little sloppy. But I really disliked the "internetyness" of wURLd and needed to change the domain to match the name (I had never really used filmleaf.com except as a forwarding address). All registered members will be emailed and there is a message at Filmwurld.com to the same effect.

Images / color - They'll be back! Just have to strip this software down to scratch to build it back up again. It comes with all of these bells and whistles that are like finding needles in haystacks. It takes time to locate them, understand the language they are programmed in and rewrite them / delete them. The software also prescribes a color palette that's hard to undo as well. Brought it down to a neutral place, but will be adding little touches here and there.

Hope to have this back to your liking shortly. I think it will be an improvement in the end (Filmwurld/leaf needed a server change and a major software upgrade to sidestep the massive spamming that forced us to turn off new membership). I ask for your confidence for a little while longer...

Ill also say that there should actually be MORE photos than the old site when I get done with rebuilding it. Trying to keep the color palette neutral so that the photos can carry the color. For a website that's a lot easier / better than trying to pick photos that go well with FilmWurld Blue.

Navigation - will also be whittled down to only the essentials.

I'm also responding to the increasing number of FilmLeaf writers who are attending / applying to attend festivals by trying to give the site a somewhat more recognizable, streamlined aesthetic. The "pages and pages of film" (good? bad?... I dont know) for example is an attempt to preemptively answer the "uh....what kind of site are you?" question.

Anyway, open of course to all thoughts, criticisms etc.

!