Thread: BEST MOVIES OF 2010 -- so far

Threaded View

This feeling that a movie I love may be forgotten is what compels me to post, at least some of the time. I also like to keep in touch with you because you do such a good job and because I am quite aware of how time consuming it is to write well. This is especially true as I get older; I must tell you how much I admire your energy; I'm only 59 and I can tell you definitely that writing is slower and requires more effort for me than when we started writing here back in 2002. I agree that THE GHOST WRITER is less famous/popular than many others, even many others in the same genre, and this is a relative matter. Compare the degree to which this film has been forgotten to the case of "Losing Ground", the film directed by a black woman in 1982 which you wrote about today. In my TOP 10 of 2010 , there are a couple of films I consider masterpieces, or nearly so, that may be even more obscure for many reason including their origin. The best film I watched in 2010 is Brilliant Mendoza's "GRANDMOTHER" aka Lola, a film from the Phillipines about two grandmothers finding a way to resolve the violent confrontation between their grandsons when the justice system fails to serve them. There's also THE LAST SUMMER OF LA BOYITA, a coming-of-age from Argentina that deals with issues of gender and identity about as deeply as any film I've seen.
    Last edited by oscar jubis; 05-19-2020 at 04:11 PM.