Thread: Stephen Harper is Delusional

Hybrid View

Stephen Harper is Delusional

This week Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper held a rally for his Conservative base and made all kinds of wild statements about how much he's accomplished in 5 years.
    He's delusional with a capital D.

The only thing Canadians need to know is that Harper was handed a $13 Billion surplus when he took power 5 years ago.

Not only did he blow that surplus to Mars, but he has chalked up another $60 Billion in debt- that's almost 15 Billion a year for every year he's been Prime Minister.

How the fuck does he justify such collossal deficits?
    How on earth does he feel that plunging our Awesome Country into such a deep financial hole makes him a Great Leader?
    I'm beyond baffled by it.
    I'm actually stunned at his huge set of balls.

Peter Mansbridge did a 2-part interview with Harper that was excellent. The transparency of his suckitude was astonishing.
    Members of Harpers' own party are accusing him of having zero Conservative values, and Mansbridge read a letter aloud to Harper from a member of his party dated January 8, 2011 that said that "Stephen Harper has thrown serious Conservatives under the bus. He has enormous deficits and ridiculous tax cuts that have harmed the Nation greatly. And he's a one-man band".
    Harper replied that it was just not true. (LIAR- you bet your ass it's true Stephen- you can't spin that one no way/no how)
    Mansbridge asked him about decisions he's made and how some of those decisions would NOT have been made had Harper been in a Majority Government- that those decisions were politically expedient, given his minority gov't. Harper just waffled on it.
    The most telling part of Harper's demeanor was when he was smirking about "taking advantage" to sing shitty songs every now and then to his party faithful and within a Fraction of a second he wiped the smirk off his face to talk about the hockey game he watched with his family where Canada's youth lost a horrible game to Russia. I mean it was a fraction of a second from smirk to serious! I thought to myself..This is ONE CUNNING SONOFABITCH! He's a cold and calculating politician. And he's gotta go.

Harper's Conservative party just launched vicious attack ads on Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff THE DAY AFTER THE INTERVIEW with Mansbridge, an interview where he denied randomly attacking opposition parties. He lied bold-faced to Canadians on CBC televison and has no qualms about looking like a liar. None at all. It's like he's challenging Canadians to take him out of power. Daring us. Daring us to vote for Liberals, a party that he reminded us yesterday was rife with scandal.
    Well hey, PRIME SINISTER, throwing Canada into an 60- Billion-Dollar-and-counting-debt is the worst scandal I can think of.
    No prime minister in our history has ever done that and had the balls to say that we are a "stronger nation under my leadership"
    That is just astonishing.
    Are Canadians better off than we were 5 years ago? Harper boasts that we are.
    Well I can say with 1000% certainty that we're not. My pay hasn't budged an inch in 5 years.
    I'm sick of this power-hungry asshole spinning the truth. I want him gone YESTERDAY.
    He's fucked this country up LARGE. And he admits no wrongdoing. He hopes no one notices his severe errors in judgment. He prays no one sees that he has no Leadership capabilities to speak of.
    He has no conscience on the environment- hence his ridiculous appointments to that most important of portfolios. He thinks it's a joke, that portfolio. Par for the course for a soulless OILMAN.

You get my point here.
    Stephen Harper is Fired.
    Last edited by Johann; 03-24-2011 at 06:36 PM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Contempt for parliament = contempt for canadians

Just to keep you updated on the shitty "leader" we have here in Canada, you'll be pleased to know that he was found in contempt of Parliament not once, but TWICE by the Speaker of the House.

ELECTION TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to give you a brief run-down on what kind of nutjob shit the Conservatives and Harper have been pulling lately:

- "Oda-Gate":

Stephen Harper has defended and backed to the max Conservative MP Bev Oda, a woman who lied and mis-led Parliament,who was called on it and basically refused to apologize for her actions. Harper refused to fire her, or apologize to Canadians. It's astounding and mystifying why he would protect Oda. After many many calls from the opposition to have her expelled from government Harper just basically said to all: "Eat Shit."
    This is especially rich, and ironic, considering how Harper fired a woman who had done NOTHING wrong: Helena Guergis- she was just kicked out of the Conservative caucus, with no warning, no explanantion, other than "an RCMP investigation is underway into "serious allegations". So what happened? The RCMP cleared Helena of any wrongdoing whatsoever- the cupboard was bare! What were the allegations???? Harper never told anyone! Guergis or anyone else in the universe!!!!
    She should sue Harper for all he's worth. Fucking slimeball.

- the Conservative "Economic Action Plan"- what a colossal joke this scam is. You see these expensive, taxpayer-paid-for HUGE signs all over the country that bang the drum of the "Economic Action Plan" that is (in Harper's mind) magically transforming the Canadian economic landscape into a bounty of revenue and riches....Trouble is, no one knows what the fuck his "economic action plan" really is, or how taxpayers money is being spent on this boondoggle, which is supposedly creating jobs by the millions and saving us from fiscal doom.
    It really reeks of empty waste. More government swindling, passed off as righteous and beneficial "action".
    Quit insulting everyone's intelligence Harper.
    We've had quite enough of it.

- This is a government that ran an election campaign based on "transparent government", "more accountability" etc etc etc.
    Honor, integrity, all the shit that the Liberals were supposedly lacking, Harper rode in on a White Stallion, wielding Excalibur, to save the day.
    Well, again, that word IRONY...
    TWICE Harper was found in contempt of Parliament last week, all because he witheld vital information for the opposition. TWICE he was found in contempt of democracy. And what was his response?:
    You win some, you lose some.
    Yep. That was his response. Pretty deep.

First time in Canadian history the sitting Prime Minister is found in contempt of Parliament?
    His utter disregard for democracy means he needs to be removed. And fast.
    The last thing we need is a jackass for Prime Minister who just goes on whims and doesn't give a flying fuck about Canadians.
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: Stephen Harper does not give two shits about Joe taxpayer or any Canadian, for that matter.
    I see it plain as day. In his actions, his speeches, his behavior, all of it.
    It reeks of "my shit don't stink. I'm King Steve and you're not. I DARE YOU TO VOTE ME OUT".
    Well I say let's take that fuckin' dare.
    Let's get some new blood in there who takes his job seriously and is not trying to hoodwink anyone.
    A man like Toronto Mayor Rob Ford- who just made a beautiful summary/speech (on cpac March 4th) of what the Toronto city council has done (in only 4 months!) to save the taxpayers millions. I almost cried watching that. Ford put his money where his mouth is.

Did you know that the only thing Harper could muster to say about the Egyptian Revolution was "it looks like the toothpaste won't go back into the tube".

Did you know that on his son's first day of school (grade 1?), Harper (who claims he's a Family Man) shook his son's hand to send him off.
    Didn't hug his son. Didn't high-five his son. He SHOOK HIS HAND. Good luck Kid! You'll need it!
    Family Man my fuckin' ass.

Did you know that the Conservative party has the RCMP all over them? They are swarmed with RCMP investigations.
    Is this the government we want? They talk about the Liberal sponsorship scandal. Oh, do they ever love to bring that one up. Boy o Boy do they salivate to talk about the sponsorship scandal! You bet your sweet bibby! You bet the farm they'll bring that one up at every turn.
    Well guess what?
    Harper's been in power for 5 years and the scandals he's racked up make the sponsorship scandal look like child's play, like a mere trifle of a misstep.

GONE.

YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED HARPER.
    Fucking Fired.
    Last edited by Johann; 03-24-2011 at 06:40 PM.

What a fast and furious week this is in Canadian politics.

We had a parliamentary committee officially find the Conservative minority government in contempt of Parliament.
    FIRST TIME IN CANADIAN HISTORY that a Canadian government has been found in contempt.
    it's actually the First Time in the Commonwealth that that has happened. FIRST TIME EVER.
    And it's incredibly Serious.

It's amazing to me that the Conservatives say that it's all a political game, a ploy, a sham.
    Ain't THAT calling the kettle black!
    The Speaker of the House would have had to have been in on the "game".
    So that kills that "defence" of the contempt charges.
    The Speaker ain't got nothing to do with "games" and you Conservative clowns know it.
    You are panicking, and as well you should be.

That's what you get when you mis-lead, lie, and have nothing but tax breaks for corporations in your pathetic budget.
    That's why ALL THREE OPPOSITION PARTIES said they cannot (in any way) support this ridiculous and sad budget you threw at the feet of Canadians.
    I was certain that Jack Layton would give you guys yet another hail mary and save your asses from extinction.
    But this time he put his foot down.
    Harper was a belligerant idiot in response to real calls for items in the budget for real Canadians.
    Harper has said forever that he "will never do it the way Paul Martin did it".
    Well I'm glad you didn't Steve! Because it sealed your doom!
    You ignorant and oblivious clown. Enough is enough.

I'm RUNNING to the polls to cast my vote. RUNNING.
    I was sure it was going to be another year, thanks to Jack Layton.
    But Jack is a Hero today.

And I say this to Canadians who will be going back to vote:

Yes, it sucks Huge that we are yet again back at the polls. But there's a very serious REASON WHY, and it ain't petty politics.
    THE HOUSE HAS FOUND THE GOVERNMENT IN CONTEMPT. For the first time in our Nation's history.
    Remember, the Conservatives rode to power on serious ethics charges against Paul Martin's Liberals.
    They sailed in on scandal.
    Do we repeat history here and let it slide?
    SWITCH ON HERE!

Give the Liberals a minority and see if there is one single scandal ever arising again.
    Or, surprise us all! and give the NDP a minority- I'd love to see how either party governs.

The Conservatives are going to spin it that the budget is paramount, and that we are all going to be swirling in a dank cesspool of uncertainty if we hand power to anyone other than King Shit Harper.

SEND A MESSAGE.
    It's the only way these clowns will learn.
    If you vote the Conservatives into a minority government YET AGAIN, just watch and see how evil the Harper government gets.
    Parliament will become ten times more toxic than it is now.
    Trust me on that.
    And then you'll see some real scandals.

We can avoid all that by giving someone else a chance to actually LEAD.
    And we need a Leader so bad our teeth hurt.
    Last edited by Johann; 03-23-2011 at 10:44 AM.

The Conservatives have been turning a blind eye to Canadians for five fucking years.
    It's time to turn the blind eye to their non-Leadership.

MY FELLOW CANUCKS! For the Love of Our Country, PLEASE vote out the Conservatives

They had their day in the sun and now they are wrinkled raisins, showing nothing but contempt for you and me and Democracy.
    If you are Ok with that, then keep giving these assholes a chance to lead and be disappointed at every turn.
    Keep voting in a party that plunges us deeper into debt with ZERO plan on how to get out of it, all the while smirking and winking at you that they are on top of it.

THEY JUST KICK THE CAN, further and further down the road, projecting that our deficit may go away by 2015. "MAY" go away.
    No guarantees, because the Conservatives have no clue about numbers or math or budgets.
    If they did, we'd have a $65 Billion surplus, not deficit.

Steve Harper sure as hell does not do it like Paul Martin.
    Paul Martin balanced the books.
    Paul Martin cared about his job.

I took the tour of Canadian Parliament today, and afterwards I sat in the public gallery to watch the Live debate of the Conservative government's lame-as-all-holy-hell 2011 budget.

It was literally incredible to hear of the litany of things NOT included in the budget, which was roundly rejected by all opposition parties.

Nothing but breadcrumbs for Canadians who really need it.
    I heard one member of the opposition speak of how half of what the Conservatives spent (i.e. stole) of taxpayers money on the G8/G20 Summits would (approx. $700,000, 000) be enough to lift every senior citizen out of poverty in this fine country. Not 1 single senior citizen would be living in poverty. And it was bluntly put that a country as rich as Canada should be ashamed to have seniors who helped build this Nation suffering or struggling in their later years.

Nothing for child care or daycare. Not important to Mr. Harper?

I'm too sick to type.
    I'm gonna get mad here.
    Be back later.
    Last edited by Johann; 03-24-2011 at 05:58 PM.

I'm in Gonzo mode for covering this election. Exciting. :)

Polls say that the Conservatives are ahead in the polls and I believe it. The paper today says that Harper has got the wind at his back.
    Which means he could be handed a minority government ONCE MORE.
    I think that's VERY possible.

But here's the rub:

Canadians know that this election will cost in excess of $300 million dollars to mount.
    So We, the Voters are faced with some responsibility for that money.
    Not one party leader has hit the road yet and we know that 300 million is the pricetag with just the campaign busses idling near Capital Hill.
    It cost the same amount for the last election. (approximately). For the exact same result.
    Are we gonna toss 300 million in a trash can and set it on fire just to have the same clown perform the same sad tricks until he's found in contempt again?
    So we have a bit of deja vu here, and Harper knows it all too well.
    He's banking on Canadians being as ignorant of his foul-ups as they were for the last election and vote him in again.
    He's going to hammer us with a message of triumphs in this budget.
    But if Canadians actually paid attention to this shit, they would be royally offended that Harper will not tell us how much his prisons will cost, how much his jets will cost and why he chose to give giant tax breaks to corporations and banks all the while leaving Seniors and children completely abandoned. Mere crumbs he threw to them/us.
    Don't believe me?
    Look it up!
    Seriously!
    There is Jack Shit in that budget for Real Canadians and all kinds of goodies for rich fucks.
    True.
    Look it up.
    I wouldn't wipe my ass with the paper in that budget. It's appalling and disgraceful.
    The contempt Harper has for opposition parties is one thing (he wants the Liberal party to be extinct- he said it behind closed doors), but contempt for the very people who voted him in is beyond "unacceptable"
    It's deplorable.
    He talks the talk about helping Canadians, but when the rubber hits the road, there really isn't anything there once you start to scutinize what is actually before us.

I've noticed that Canadians by and large do not pay as much attention to politics as much as our neighbors to the South.
    We don't rock the boat too much on that front. If we get it in our heads that the Prime Minister seems to be doing a good job, we let it be.
    But the steady stream of outright lies and deceptions and contempt for democracy is so fucking glaring here that I don't know how any Canadian can turn a blind eye to it.

I'm actually OK with the Conservatives winning another minority government and I'll tell you why.

Because the next contempt charge will be a fucking DOOZY.
    And it will happen. Mark my words. This Conservative government never changes it's ways.
    And it will be it's eventual undoing.
    If not this election, it will the next one.
    If it takes several elections and a billion dollars down the tubes for Canadians to get it, then so be it.
    It took the States 8 years to realize that George W. Bush was a Fuckhead.
    If it takes us 8 years to realize that same thing about Harper, I'm cool with that.

You could save a lot of time and money and grief by turfing that contemptuous dictator RIGHT NOW.
    Last edited by Johann; 03-25-2011 at 10:38 AM.