Thread: Stephen Harper is Delusional

Hybrid View

Here in Ottawa we have Parliamentarians/MP's burning the midnight oil because the conservative party is holding Canada Post workers hostage.
    All night I watched incredible "debate" on the bill/legislation to force Canada Post workers back to work, after a lockout.
    The Prime Minister holds the keys to the locks on the doors of Canada Post.
    But he won't open them.
    Why?
    Because the workers want a fair wage.
    Yep. That's it. Just a fair wage.
    Canada Post is a Crown corporation, and it makes money hand over fist.
    This inhuman Crime Minister is blocking democracy with a Berlin wall here.
    Collective Bargaining is one of the things in the world that ensures workers get a fair shake.
    Not only is Harper forcing the workers back to work, he's forcing them back with a wage that is LOWER than what Canada Post offered!
    Un-fucking-believable!

He's telling the workers: "the economy is more important than your life. Get back to work, Bitch".
    The Conservatives want to appear to their base that they are able to move with muscle, but they just look like the privatization Lords they are.
    That's what this is all about.
    Bless Nathan Cullen and all of the NDP for never wavering in their fight to block this stupid, draconian bill.
    Nathan Cullen, an NDP MP from B.C. gave one of the best speeches last night on CPAC I've ever heard in the House of Commons- and it was around 1 in the morning when he made it! I wish I had a transcript to post here.
    "The Cloak is Off the Conservative Party" was the refrain of the NDP. The Conservative agenda is on full display here.
    Heavy-handed legislation that fucks the common worker up the ass.
    Hey Harper:
    I'd like to see you carry 35 pounds of mail for 8 hours a day, be subjected to bites, slips, falls, fractures, bad weather, etc etc etc and accept the wages that Canada Post throws at it's workers who make that Crown Corp. a shitload of money. MILLIONS AND MILLIONS A YEAR it generates, and they WILL NOT reward their workers. That's unforgivable, and it's especially insulting to be sent back to work by a team of 165 Conservatives who each make over $140, 000 dollars a year who wear nice pressed shirts and fancy ties.
    How the fuck do the Conservatives sleep at night?

It's begun.
    The NDP will come to power on sheer integrity.
    The Conservatives will fall for a complete lack of integrity.
    Just a matter of time.
    The Emperor has no clothes.
    Last edited by Johann; 06-25-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Apologies to Kate Middleton and Prince William.
    Today you are being given a tour of Canada's capital by Stephen Harper and his wife Skeletor.
    I saw you on TV with them and I apologize.
    Having to listen to idle chit-chat from two disgraceful capitalists must be torture.
    I can only imagine the small talk the Harpers are capable of.
    Must be like Dubya and Laura, without the folksy charm.
    Harper and his wife looked annoyed that they had to host Royals today.
    They don't mean all that much to me either.
    But Diplomacy is Diplomacy, and Harper has to be a host.

The only positive thing about Canada Day in Ottawa is the MASSIVE fireworks at the end of the night.
    Best fireworks you'll ever see (especially if you watch from the Hull Quebec side of the Ottawa river).
    The concerts on Parliament Hill are usually boring, the crowds are way too big, and the barbecues on Sparks street are all from the southern states! They come up here to serve us USA BBQ on Canada Day!
    Must've been Harper's idea. He must have a lot of contacts with Texan oilmen who run side BBQ businesses...
    Viva Democracy!
    Our Nation is $70 Billion in debt!
    Our Prime Minister is a Criminal! Viva Canada!
    Yee-Hah!
    LOL
    Last edited by Johann; 07-19-2011 at 10:08 AM.

To be a *little* more positive, the Black Watch pipes and drums were awesome- just got back from the Hill after seeing them. Awesome pipe and drum band. I saw the Snowbirds do a couple flypasts (always cool to see the Snowbirds), hated the crowds (as always) and the weather was perfect. I mean, you couldn't ask for sunnier, breezier weather.

So many dressed in white & red...
    Some things that were cool: free McDonalds coffee, Canadian Cheese, Dr. Pepper and facepainting. And free art tents of all types: potato painting and carvings, fingerpainting, Canada flag making...all cool creative activities for all.

Some things not so cool: wall to wall people (with Legions of child strollers! Holy Cow! It was an invasion of strollers & toddlers!)
    6 dollars for a cup of lemonade. WTF
    6 dollars for an ice cream bar. Take my wallet! I just want a damn ice cream bar!
    6 dollars for a hot dog. What's in it? Caviar? Cripes.
    I was waiting for them to say it was 6 dollars to enter the park and another 6 when you depart.
    And another six in Celebration tax.
    Jesus, being proud to be a Canadian costs you.
    Last edited by Johann; 07-01-2011 at 12:18 PM.

"no comment"

Another fresh scandal for you:

According to the QMI Agency, the Conservative party of Canada is refusing to answer questions concerning reports that top party officials recently received a delegation from the Communist Party of China right here in Ottawa.

WTF is this all about?
    I know John Baird is in China right now as we speak, trying to "strengthen ties" with the juggernaut country.
    I shudder to imagine what he's doing/saying over there.
    Amnesty International is up in arms over the Conservative party refusing to address Human Rights abuses in China in any significant way.
    Baird wouldn't say anything about it, except that "we had a good discussion on human rights. I can say they were frank and open".

What else can you say, BAIRD?!?!
    You gotta do better than that, Shithead!
    Tell us what you are tangibly doing to deal with this horrible and very serious issue!
    That's what I thought: JACK and SHIT.
    It's all about money, isn't it John?
    You don't give a shit about human rights abuses in China or you'd make dramatic steps to show us that you do.
    All you care about is the economics of it.
    Glad you do.
    Because it's etched on your tombstone. You earned the engraving.
    You have the power and you refuse to exercise it. Canada can be a leader in denouncing human rights abuses but our current regime does not care. The money must flow before we can even BEGIN to think about that, you know. And then we still won't care.
    VOTE CONSERVATIVE! We got ours, and nobody else gets theirs!
    Strong, United, and Ignorant to the Core. These are our values, and they are Canada's too!

I'm gonna post the PHOTO OF THE YEAR here next. You gotta see it to believe it.
    It's our Prime Minister in full Native Indian regalia, taken this week, with his face painted totally YELLOW.
    It's the best picture I've ever seen of our oblivious and totally delusional Crime Minister.
    It's absolutely PRICELESS.
    Last edited by Johann; 07-20-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Have a good howl at this YELLOW Bastard:

http://nationalpostcomment.files.wor...0712.jpg?w=620
    Last edited by Johann; 07-19-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Looking a little JAUNDICED, isn't he?

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/ph...-chief-li-.jpg

It's been confirmed that the Conservative party of Canada also sent a "letter of congratulations" to the Communist Party of China recently for celebrating an anniversary. But not one Conservative will answer a question on it.

WHY?

We deserve to know why they are so chummy with Communists!
    Explain this! Fuckheads!

I think your own party faithful are outraged at such a thing.
    What ON EARTH does the Conservative party stand for?!

I welcome any Conservative party supporter to enlighten me.
    Become a member of FilmLeaf and debate me on this batshit-nuts government we have here in Canada.
    Please.
    Anyone.