Thread: Stephen Harper is Delusional

Threaded View

Here in Ottawa we have Parliamentarians/MP's burning the midnight oil because the conservative party is holding Canada Post workers hostage.
    All night I watched incredible "debate" on the bill/legislation to force Canada Post workers back to work, after a lockout.
    The Prime Minister holds the keys to the locks on the doors of Canada Post.
    But he won't open them.
    Why?
    Because the workers want a fair wage.
    Yep. That's it. Just a fair wage.
    Canada Post is a Crown corporation, and it makes money hand over fist.
    This inhuman Crime Minister is blocking democracy with a Berlin wall here.
    Collective Bargaining is one of the things in the world that ensures workers get a fair shake.
    Not only is Harper forcing the workers back to work, he's forcing them back with a wage that is LOWER than what Canada Post offered!
    Un-fucking-believable!

He's telling the workers: "the economy is more important than your life. Get back to work, Bitch".
    The Conservatives want to appear to their base that they are able to move with muscle, but they just look like the privatization Lords they are.
    That's what this is all about.
    Bless Nathan Cullen and all of the NDP for never wavering in their fight to block this stupid, draconian bill.
    Nathan Cullen, an NDP MP from B.C. gave one of the best speeches last night on CPAC I've ever heard in the House of Commons- and it was around 1 in the morning when he made it! I wish I had a transcript to post here.
    "The Cloak is Off the Conservative Party" was the refrain of the NDP. The Conservative agenda is on full display here.
    Heavy-handed legislation that fucks the common worker up the ass.
    Hey Harper:
    I'd like to see you carry 35 pounds of mail for 8 hours a day, be subjected to bites, slips, falls, fractures, bad weather, etc etc etc and accept the wages that Canada Post throws at it's workers who make that Crown Corp. a shitload of money. MILLIONS AND MILLIONS A YEAR it generates, and they WILL NOT reward their workers. That's unforgivable, and it's especially insulting to be sent back to work by a team of 165 Conservatives who each make over $140, 000 dollars a year who wear nice pressed shirts and fancy ties.
    How the fuck do the Conservatives sleep at night?

It's begun.
    The NDP will come to power on sheer integrity.
    The Conservatives will fall for a complete lack of integrity.
    Just a matter of time.
    The Emperor has no clothes.
    Last edited by Johann; 06-25-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd