Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Harper is Delusional

It would in a secret covenant Chris. But humans suck at keeping secrets. Doesn't stop 'em from Believin'. (Cue Journey)

Seems pretty factual to me, not fiction.
    Last edited by Johann; 11-25-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

To make my point even more clear, I would ask that Canadians take a real hard look at the clock face of our Peace Tower on Parliament Hill.
    The Star of David is clearly on the clockface.

The "Secret Covenant" of the "illuminati" or "the Reptilian Society" or the "New World Order"actually are related to "The Protocol of the Elders of Zion". It's one of a group of conspiracy theories that you will find discussed in this Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Wor...spiracy_theory).

How people believe these things I don't know; I guess they are (1) paranoid, (2) gullible, (3) in need of believing in such things because they feel oppressed and need a powerful, malevolent, unseen enemy. What also contributes to believing in these theories is that they very often have a long history. The Illuminati goes back to the 18th century. It's got new sci-fi infusions now. People who smoke a lot of the strong stuff must revel in the wild rhetoric of such texts as THE REPTILIAN PACT.

When I first saw the "Protoocol of the Elders of Zion" 40 years ago I immediately spotted it was a hoax. Some people don't seem to have as good a shit-detector as I do. "Surprising" "remarkable" things are more often not true than true.

Nowadays we have the Internet, which is both a medium for spreading untrue rumors and theories and a tool for detecting that they are false. Often over my decade-plus of Internet life people have emailed me hoaxes believing they are true. One friend even thought he'd won the Irish sweepstakes. Of course the key again to being duped is we often want to. He'd have liked to win the Irish sweepstakes. Who wouldn't? All you have to do now as I do when I get something people are wildly passing around via email is to copy some of the key words or a key sentence of the item + "hoax" or "urban legend" and you will find sites that exist to warn people and take apart false rumors and explain when they originated and where and so on.
    Last edited by Chris Knipp; 11-25-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Paranoid is just awareness of what's going on, heightened awareness.
    Jim Morrison ended his music career in Miami Florida on March 1st, 1969 when he shouted at the audience:
    "You're all a bunch of fuckin' idiots! Letting people tell you what you're gonna do, letting people push you around! How long do you think it's gonna last? HOW LONG? Maybe you like it. You love it, don't you? You love getting your faces stuck in the shit. You love it, don't you? You're all a bunch of SLAVES!"

Now I know that he knew.
    And they took him out. "Mysteriously".
    Did you know that J. Edgar Hoover declared Jim a "Public Menace"?
    Why?
    He was the Freedom Man, turning keys, setting people free.
    He was Doing Alright.

That's who I want to be right now.
    It was no accident that Jim said "Adolph Hitler is still alive". Because at the time, he was.
    When Jim said Come out from behind that false mustache Adolph, we know you're in there...."
    He was speaking directly to the "Fat, Slow Generals who're getting obscene on Young Blood"

What do you think of that, Chris?
    Hoax?
    Wake up.

The internet is another tool to control humans.
    That is why people get arrested on Facebook, that is why police (and the government) can look at anything you do online.
    It's to spot the "Bright Lights"- they can never be allowed to shine.
    I'm insane for saying this, aren't I?
    LOL

JFK was murdered 50 years ago last week- those words of his ring in my ear: "WE ALL BREATHE THE SAME AIR"
    He wanted ALL Americans to be equal. And they couldn't have that. They can't have the President telling the people that we are all one.
    Fuck no.
    Because we're NOT, right?
    LOL
    There were a slew of other reasons JFK had to go, but the main one was him suggesting we're all equals, striving for the same blisses.
    Look at the "brightest lights" we've produced- all were monitored by cowards. Some were even assassinated, WHEN IT SUITED THEIR NEEDS.

I'm such a small fish.
    But I'd love to start the Revolution.
    The REVOLUTION DYNASTY.
    Who's with me?
    No one?
    Who knew?
    LOL

beware the ides of march!

Five to One Baby
    One in Five
    No one here gets out alive
    You get yours, Baby
    I'll get mine
    Gonna make it Baby
    In our Prime.
    Get together one more time.

Prefer a Feast of Friends (truly free people) to the Giant Family (Free Masons)
    You be the Christ on this Package Tour.
    Money Beats soul.
    EVERYTIME.

Jim, I'm sick and tired of the world not giving you your due.
    You stood up like the true Lizard King you are.
    The Old Hag in the Red Cloak thinks he's smart.
    I'm with you out on the perimeter, Brother.

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when....

While paranoia is an aspect of a severe mental disorder, paranoid schizophrenia, it's traditional to say, partly tongue in cheek perhaps, that it's justified in some cases, if you're surrounded by real dangers, for instance. I personally seem to be less paranoid than most people, and so find it hard to get on that wavelength. But of course the Edward Snowden NSA revelations provide good fodder for paranoia about a Big Brother style state. As you say though, you're very small; I'm very small. It's hard to see us as worth surveilling. You're good when you talk about Canadian politics -- the ostensible topic of this thread -- but these latest posts of yours don't contain anything specific or current to get a grip on. Jim Morrison, JFK? Sorry, I won't take the bait on those topics. They've been done to death.

Noam Chomsky has spoken this year of "The Paranoia of the Superrich and Superpowerful." If you're seriously paranoid, you're in their company. Ironically perhaps, they have more to fear than we do. They could lose so much. We - not so much.

No, the Jim Morrison comments I made have not been done before. They are mine. I'm the first to speak of Jim in that context.
    Jim's father was denied the promotion to full Admiral several times. When he inquired why at the Pentagon, he was told his son was the problem.
    His son was upsetting the apple cart.
    Where has this info been hashed out before? NEVER. I'm the first.

Sad to see an Elder dismiss something so grave and so evil. You know better Chris.
    Your goodness has taken a hit here. In fact, the goodness of every single man on this earth has taken a torp hit.
    Men are afraid. We're not supposed to be.
    No mental illness here. I'm the sanest cat on this orb right now.

This world is a Will TO POWER, nothing besides.

My apologies, J. I was unaware that your information about Jim Morrison was new. It is true that people have been hounded by the government and spied upon for a very long time. It's still true that I prefer talking about current events. But illustrations from the past are germane. I see what you are getting at. As I said, the NSA revelations certainly justify a sense of general paranoia, for the entire planet pretty much.

I am the son of a high ranking military man just like Jim.
    Since I was 17 I knew that Jim was a soul brother.
    It took 20 years for me to understand what Jim was telling us. I knew the gist, I just didn't know the nut.

This is no joke. They will take out anyone who rocks their *leaky, pathetic* boat.

I did not know about our father. Again, I apologize for not recognizing what you said was relevant, true, and new. Yes, you are right. But I don't know what to say about it. As I said, I'm not good at paranoia. Even though it may be justified. You have a topic.

Tomorrow is US Thanksgiving. Today I should make it to a nearby cinema for opening day of Steve Coogan and Judi Dench in PHILOMENA, directed by Stephen Frears. I missed a preview screening of it in San Francisco on Monday, lost track of time and couldn't make it. It didn't feel urgent anyway since the movie opened in NYC last week. So what kind of "preview" is that? Releases are often delayed a week or two for out here. But it is good to be able to see it now.

Apology accepted.
    Paranoia has such a negative connotation to it, can we use "Heightened Awareness" instead?
    You don't do "heightened awareness"?

William S. Burroughs said that "a paranoid schizophrenic is just someone who has figured out what is going on".

You can laugh at that, but it is a deadly serious sentence Man.

Heightened awareness of external dangers/threats, yes, some such formula as that is certainly better than "paranoia." We don't want to give 'em an excuse to call us nut cases.

Old Bill Burroughs did figure out what was going on. Lots of heightened awareness in his corner, with a little help from certain, well pretty much every, substance. (See postscript to Naked Lunch, best rundown on drugs and their effects I've ever seen. By the way he says weed induced paranoia. It does the first time. After than not so much.) I do not laugh at anything old Bill Burroughs says, except maybe in a tone of high sarcasm worthy of the man. I am admirer of the man, and even more of his works.

Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast