Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rendez-Vous with French Cinema at Lincoln Center 2011

Thanks; I've adjusted that though on Allocine it just says "theatrical release unknown" and I don't see a TV showing date given. But that explains why there is no French theatrical release date, no doubt.

I've updated many of my 2011 Rendez-Vous reviews in the Festival Coverage section, adding more information about US and French releases of the films and the critical responses, and some personal reassessments.

I've just seen and been very impressed by Valérie (Queen of Hearts) Donzelli's new film Declaration of War, soon to be shown at Landmark Theaters in the US. As I wrote in this film Donzelli "transforms her real life love for Elkaïm and their successful real life battle to save their son from brain cancer into a deeply involving, touching, and surprisingly light work of art, I'm impressed with this very busy actress, writer, cinematographer, and director's multiple talents. Truffaut, Godard, Varda and Rohmer have a very 21st century avatar." I'll be posting a review of this film soon.

Declaration of War begins a limited US release January 27, 2012.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123