Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012/ C. Nolan)

We got shootings up here too, gangs and the like.

Toronto just had a shooting a few days ago, at a house party- 2 dead, others wounded.
    And at Eaton Centre mall earlier this year a man was gunned down in the food court, people fleeing and screaming, right at lunch hour.

You guys don't get Canadian news, so I sympathize...:)
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Harper is a Bane.

Definitely.
    No doubt about it.
    The man is a piece of oily work.

Have you seen the photo of the piece of shit who did the shooting?
    He looks like a Fucktard alright.
    Goofy grin, looks like a stupid twerp.
    I can almost hear the thoughts in his head:

"My life sucks so bad that I'll just open fire at the midnight screening of Batman..yeah...that will make me famous...and create copycat killers....yeah...that's the ticket....my life sucks so damn bad...I gotta throw a smoke bomb...just like Batman...yeah..."

I have seen THE DARK KNIGHT RISES and pretty much liked it. Did not walk out once. Barely dozed off once. Liked the actors who were added and appreciated the wise choice of the regulars. I put my review on a new thread here because this is more of a preview thread.

Did you see the NEWEST photo of the shooter? In court? In an orange jumpsuit?

He looks like a scared goofy stupid twerp.
    Because he knows he'll die by lethal injection.
    (it's legal in Colorado)

He may not die. I hope he doesn't. I don't believe in capital punishment. Have you not watched Herzog's recent documentary?

I think he is more likely deranged. He ought to have been given a close haircut, like an army recruit. The wild hair is a bold statement we don't need.

Glad you kept the discussion of the theater incident separate from the film review. I'm off to see the movie tomorrow and will comment after I see the movie.

My son, who is seventeen, wanted to engage in conversation. For someone who rarely speaks, he spoke for over thirty minutes, seeking validation I surmised. I sat and listened as a dutiful parent. Sad that it takes incidents of this magnitude to stir people enough to act sensibly, for a while at least... talk of limiting amunition... anger with NRA... the arguments went back and forth on TV and on the radio. Still, my son was quiet, dliberate, and to the point -

"What would make someone so intelligent behave that way?"

If we only knew
    Colige suspectos semper habitos

I'm no psychoanalyst, but I can read a person pretty good.

This guy was smart, but he just dropped out of a degree program (in neuroscience?) and was rejected for membership at a gun club.
    That could have been all he needed to go postal.
    It may have been an affront to his conscience.
    But a person who is supposed to be "bright" or "intelligent" would never do what he did, under just about any circumstance.

He will die by lethal injection. It may take ten years (the U.S. justice system is fucked in my opinion) but he will die and he should.
    The families deserve nothing less.

I believe in capital punishment for certain crimes and certain cases.
    I'm not interested in rehabilitating anyone- A Clockwork Orange put that lie to rest.
    "I was cured alright".
    Some criminals see the light in prison, but so what?
    If you took a life or lives in a fit of rage you don't get to mingle with society. Ever.
    In fact you depart this mortal coil ASAP.
    I want to kill Stephen Harper and most of his crew, but would I ever attempt to kill him? Fuck no.
    I have a brain.

I am against the WRONG PERSON going to death row.
    For crimes this serious, the diligence in prosecution should be devoid of mistakes and as expedient as possible.
    How on earth can we get to a point where someone will think twice or thrice on killing if we don't have AT LEAST the death penalty?
    Some people deserve to die. Some people do not belong on this planet and should never have been born.
    I haven't seen Herzog's Into the Abyss yet, but I know it makes one think long and hard about capital punishment.
    It should be case by case, and the death should fit the crime.

If we can have armies and soldiers and millions of guns & ammo laying around and easy to access on this planet, then it's not nuts or crazy to say we need the death penalty. For certain cases. Don't feed and house and let these fucks eat and shit for decades (Mark Chapman anyone?) while the victims and their families live with the pain. It's not cruel to kill a killer. It's punishment.
    God sits out on so much already, why not on a few more in the name of Justice?

I'm not bloodthirsty. I'm not an executioner in a black hood. I just want to see people who deserve to die DIE.
    I'd even PAY to see this guy get the needle.
    I'd pay to witness it.
    This isn't emotion either. My thinking cap is on.
    Turn the other cheek is for suckers.
    Last edited by Johann; 07-25-2012 at 08:17 AM.

I consider the victims family.
    They wanted to see the latest Batman, that's it.
    A couple waited a whole year in anticipation to see it, and death was inches away.

How would you feel over this? Whether it was your family or not, total strangers next to you, whatever..
    Sheer Anger is right at the surface here.
    Emotions can rocket up the thermometer with something like this, so cooler heads must prevail.
    But we know exactly what happened here, and that *guy* (I will never mention his name) will die for what he did.
    I read that it will be up to the families, by consensus.

Your loved one was ripped from you at a movie theatre by a deranged idiot.
    Do you forgive him?
    Your empathy far outweighs mine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123