Thread: Strong Impact left by the movie

LebMXPX Guest

Strong Impact left by the movie

To those that have not seen it yet, i encourage you to go watch it and support the Armenian community.

After watching Ararat, i left the theater thinking this could be the "one" to let the world know the truth. It has a very meaningful topic so that everyone will understand the point. The movie could have been better without the sex scene. I personally didnt mind it but im sure grandparents wouldnt like to see it. Anyone agree with me?

The sex scenes in Ararat WERE a little overt. I will admit that.
    Atom went for the jugular with the mother/daughter/cart scene..

This film opened my eyes big time. The line about Hitler's speech to convince his troops of his eminent success shocked me. I had never heard of the Armenian Genocide of 1915. Did anybody else?
    In high school history, there was never any mention of this horrifying event. (A result of Turkey's denials?)

Egoyan's approach to "tell a story within a story" was kind of hit and miss with me. Although ultimately I stand behind his decision because the "who the fuck are you" scene was one of the most powerful I've ever seen. In any film. Highly recommended movie.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd