I canīt help but to wonder about how the minds of Hollywood producers work! Why in the earth they make remakes of old GOOD CLASSIC films.
For example: Mr.Deeds! Well, this one is obvious, because I canīt figure out how the hell Adam Sandler id acting in films in the first place.
Then there is RING. A brilliant japanese horror film. I know that in Hollywood there is no good ideas left and they have to make a living. But why tey donīt even try. In Ring they use the original screenplay!!!! and film it with american actors. No originality, nothing.
And finally what really pisses me of: The remake of Solaris by Steven"Antichrist"Sodenberg. What the Hell is he thinking?!?!?! There is somethings that no man is supposed to do and remaking Solaris is one of them.
What was Tarkovski`s main purpose when he made films???? To make every picture and every scene a beautiful poetic whole. No one in Hollywood comes even close to Tarkovskiīs geniuosness. Donīt get me wrong, there are lot of good directors in Hollywood and in america, but the way they make films is sickening. Itīs all about the money. Of course, I understand, people have to earn their living and making movies is a good way to do that. But movies are suppose to entertain in some cases, but in some cases: films are works of art!But that does not happen in USA. All about the money. I enjoy watching films like Minority report and Matrix, but when a no-talent, no-vision wannabe starts poking around with something like Solaris, that is just wrong. Itīs like repainting Mona Lisa or rewriting the Bible. That is something you just donīt do.
I am sorry about my complaining, but there is no words that can discripe my dissappointment. Good thing I live in Europe where cinema is apreciated as an ART form.
Thanks to anyone who read this far.