Thread: Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero (1966)

Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero (1966)

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero is one of the greatest Z-movies ever made.
    I watched it last night, and it was hilarious. Pure cornball nuttiness.

Poorly dubbed English, ridiculous costumes and acting, Godzilla dances at one point (yes, cuts a rug) and the SFX are so bad Ed Wood would be jealous.
    Plastic toys are used as UFOs. Seriously. Fisher Price must've done the UFOs and props.
    The Japanese actors are insane- how they dressed up in those Devo-like outfits as the denizens of Planet X, is beyond me.

Here's the plot:

Astronauts rocket their way Jupiter.
    They land on the planet, walk around for a bit (in leather boots with laces and outrageous space helmets) when suddenly a cylinder pops up out of the planet's surface. The cylinder tells them to get in the cylinder. The astronauts balk. The cylinder zaps them with a laser beam.
    So they get in the cylinder.
    They cannot be on the surface- Monster Zero is lurking out there!
    The Leader of Planet X and his fellow X-ians explain the dire threat that Monster Zero poses.
    The astronauts' ship has also been confiscated and brought below the surface.

It's war for the rest of the movie. Godzilla is the only thing that can stop Monster Zero, a 3-headed flying beast, and we see Planet X-ians and the astronauts wage war for the rest of the movie, which is quite hilarious if you've just smoked a chonger. And even if you are sober- you should be howling at the Planet X peeps. The headgear they wear is priceless- giant neck brace and scuba suit balaclava with silver dome skullcap (with a bitchin' little antenna on top). I was laughing just looking at them. LOL

Check it out.
    It's gourmet fromagggio...
    Last edited by Johann; 05-10-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

There will be a GODZILLA movie scheduled for release in Summer 2014 from the same production company involved in The Dark Knight films...