You do a great review, johann, but despite all your good points, what's it all add up to? a mediocre Avengers movie, by your own reckoning. And Wheedon is basically a mediocre director, with no particular bent for this kind of thing. Yet I did not find fault with it. I am just not a fanboy. Now will you go and evaluate DARK SHADOWS for us?

I don't want particularly to see that as long as I can see films in Paris that can't be seen in the US, and films from Cannes. I saw Coppola's Twix tody -- which I'm not particularly qualified to describe -- but it was worth seeing -- and then tonight I saw Wes Anderson's MOONRISE KINGDOM, which was kind of exciting (even though it's opening in ten days in the US) because it was opening day in Paris and opening film at Cannes. Mike D'Angelo, who is a very hard grader, gave it a 75, extremely high for him, and I kept saying all through "This is classic" and "This is one of his best if not his best, since RUCHMORE." Both intricate and touching and very, very, sui generis, or as one writer said of the trailers, "Wes Anderson-y."