Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2013 Academy Award Nominations

I agree, Tab. I enjoyed the film and was surprised it wasn't nominated in more catagories. I believe that as old farts move on and younger blood infiltrates the ranks, more independent films like Moonrise Kingdom will be acknowledged for their worth by the Motion Picture Academy.
    Colige suspectos semper habitos

That is to be hoped but it's not like Wes Anderson just came on the scene. But we all pretty much agree on this, that MOONRISE KINGSOM is a great movie, one of Anderson's best ever, and deserved more recognition -- as did THE MASTER.

THE MASTER was the Best Film of the Year to me.
    Nothing really matches it. I can't think of any movie that has that level of cinema, that intensity of acting, for such an interesting story.
    (Next to HOLY MOTORS)
    That quote about how Freddie would be the only person in the history of the world who never served a Master- that line alone is worth it's weight in gold.
    It makes you wonder "who is my Master?" or "who WOULD BE my Master?"

Who's YOURS?
    Hmmmm?
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Another thing I liked about The Master screening I went to was that when they took my ticket they handed me the Scientology newspaper with all of the reviews for the film in it. "The filmmakers wanted me to give this to you", I was told.

I will be framing the gatefold poster of Joaquin on the beach, lying next to the sand lady, as well as the poster they gave away at the Bell Lightbox- those went like wildfire-I should've grabbed two.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456