I'm particularly impressed with two favorites you listed, one in the list above, the other in your profile faves. Both films are quite hard to find on video, if available at all.

Louis Malle received negative criticism for making a movie with a teenage nazi-collaborator as protagonist:Lacombe Lucien, an excellent film dealing with tough moral issues. I also treasure his earlier film, Murmur of the Heart, which examines an incestuous mother-son relationship and features a stunning jazz score (mostly Charlie Parker says my memory bank).

Antonioni's The Passenger,with Jack Nicholson as a itinerant journalist who takes advantage of a rare opportunity to change identity, is the Italian director's last English-language metaphysical meditation. The final, wordless, 7-minute sequence is one of the most enigmatic endings in the history of cinema.

I was barely into my teens when I watched these films and will never forget them. I wish they were restored and given a proper video release for younger generations to enjoy and ponder.