Thread: lost highway--movie as siamese twin

lost highway--movie as siamese twin

If a painter scrawls other words besides his name on his decorated canvas he scatters his emphasis. Lost Highway needles you to listen here when you should be watching over there and unfolds in tragic reverse/forward/and at the most circuitous.

It is frustrating and it is uncomfortable and it is boring but when the image reigns free with music acting as the model startling renderings occur. The movie is a siamese twin, the first half a pensive atmosphere, a suspense spiked with coherence, the second half a drowsy, insidious wonder of mixtures. Unfortunately there is also that unnaturally deformed link of a middle.

It is, after all, Fred Madison's (lead character) world so it can be what it wants. Though he is as anthropomorphic as his wife, she distracts as the attraction so it may seem to the viewer it is not really Fred's world at all.

It may be best to drink up this movie with the eyes and try not to delineate as much as those ears can. By this method the experienced sights and sounds could weld their bliss or cancer to your reveries.
    tomcheese

The best Lynch I've seen

Interesting perspective you have.

Lost Highway is the most intriguing of Lynch's work. (for me) I've seen it three times and I still don't have a concrete idea of what David was up to. I'm mezmerized by the way it was made.

A great midnight movie, I would suggest toking up before even remotely trying to disseminate what the hell is going on....Patricia Arquette's breasts are well lit for such a doom infested film. :)
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd