Thread: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY (Ultimate box set)

Threaded View

THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY (Ultimate box set)

This DVD release is extremely important to me.
    I am not really a materialist, but the one that does reside in me finds this limited edition set really appealing. (141,000 copies only)

The films themselves have been ripped to shreds by "erudite critics", but I just laugh at them. And so does Chris Nolan, I'm sure.
    Amazon has reviews that say the acting is bad (maybe in some cases, but so what?), that it is excessively violent (again, so what?),
    and that the plots are absurdly ridiculous (again: so what?)
    Batman fans and fans of cinema (yours truly) have their Brass Ring. And it's this Magnificent trilogy.

The set comes with a letter from Christopher Nolan himself, art prints (I love the Joker's), 3 die-cast replicas of the Bat-Pod, the Bat and the Tumbler, which people are griping are packaged horribly because you have to rip them from the cardboard- (SO WHAT? are you a fan or not, Clowny?)
    The booklet is nice, with glossy paper and stunning images.
    The slipcase for the 6 Blu-Ray discs is gorgeous, although I must warn you: they are hard to remove from the sleeves. Take your time.
    You can easily damage your software here.
    The white box embossed with the bat symbol is eye-grabbing, and as far as marketing this amazing trilogy of films goes, this set is Aces.
    Ace of Spades. Bravo to Warner Brothers, although I'm sure Chris Nolan himself had his hand in it's look/design.
    It is Marvelous.
    Buy it before they're gone. 141,000 seems like a lot, but it's not. That's worldwide.

They've spotted the Batman!
    Last edited by Johann; 12-23-2013 at 07:45 AM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd