Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WORST films of the year

Good call on Butterfly Effect. I'm glad these boards aren't tainted with a review of that stinker.

Ashton Kutcher needs to realize he's a one-trick pony.
    Stick to TV and Demi, Ash. They're your only lifelines at this moment in time.

Scooby-Doo? Please.

Too bad you didn't like HULK. I seem to be alone in my support of Ang Lee's film. I loved it.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Butterfly Effect - Intriguing and Intelligent

A lot of thought went into the script about the various scenarios and complications of trying to go back and change one's life. The variety of outcomes and the resolution found in this movie easily outshines most movies of this type and the morally uplifting ending is a breath of freshness not found in mainstream feature films. I can't imagine why anyone would rate this one of the worst films, much less just a decent effort. I rated this movie above average in a genre that really has had a good, solid movie of this type in a long time.

The Worst?

Wasn't 2003 the year of "The Real Cancun" when reality television made its debut in the halls of cinema? And wasn't 2003 the year of "Gigli" (I think pronounced giggly... just kidding)... no wait... there's more... wasn't this also the year of "Honey"? Then there was Dumber and Dumbest or whatever it was... Oh, man... it's starting to smell pretty bad in here. I have to go. Sorry. I'm getting sick to my stomach.

WAIT! We're off to a good start for this year with "Torque!"
    Last edited by cinemabon; 04-14-2004 at 03:42 PM.
    Colige suspectos semper habitos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12