Thread: What's this about, exactly?

What's this about, exactly?

From what I can tell, this is a movie (documentary) about Robert Evans, the famous movie producer. If so, who cares? I mean, I like "The Godfather" and "Chinatown", and I appreciate his work in getting those produced, but am I really interested in seeing a movie about his life?

Can anyone shed some light on this movie / issue for me?

Ansonm Guest
    I havent seen it, but someone was interested enough in his life to make the movie. Might be something there. Does someone know what?

Besides being the head of Paramount during its glory days in the seventies, Robert Evans was a child actor, a ladies' man (kind of on a par with Warren Beatty) and a drug abuser who frequently made the news because of his high profile substance abuse. He was also married to Ali McGraw when Steve McQueen stole her away during the making of "The Getaway". That was a big scandal played out in the press at the time. I think he pretty much is responsible for the producer who is almost as famous as his films; without him, I don't think we'd care who Jerry Bruckheimer is. (Maybe that's a bad thing.)