Thread: STAR WARS: Episode VII The Force Awakens

Hybrid View

STAR WARS: Episode VII The Force Awakens

A trailer for the new Star Wars by JJ Abrams is out, and I'm excited about it.

It will be great to see Star Wars on the big screen again. (with the return of Luke Starkiller, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Leia, C-3PO & R2D2)

http://www.starwars.com/films/star-w...fficial-teaser
    Last edited by Johann; 12-11-2014 at 03:29 AM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Have any of you guys tried to get a ticket to this movie? It's impossible. Two months before it comes out and it's damn near impossible to get a ticket to opening day screenings. Will it be a hit? Is Stephen Harper a corrupt Turd?

At least I was able to secure a Hot Toys (QUARTER SCALE!) Boba Fett figure. It's 17.5 inches of Bounty Hunter Glory...
    There's a rumour Boba appears in The Force Awakens.
    Star Wars is back...

This movie seems to be crammed to the gills with visual candy.
    JJ Abrams is delivering a bombastic Star Wars film here, with all the bells and whistles. That said, the rolling round droid annoys me, and I have no clue if these new characters will connect with audiences. The trailer doesn't reveal a lot character-wise, just a reminder that Han Solo is still banging around the galaxy.

George Lucas' prequels sapped us of any sympathy or interest in Star Wars characters. Hopefully that error has been corrected.
    Revenge of the Sith is the only Star Wars prequel I own. (I still admire the opening sequence).

The Force Awakens seems to be a lifeline for the franchise. It needed it.

Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” – directed by J. J. Abrams

George Lucas set the standard formula when he directed and edited the first “Star Wars” film. The music, the pacing, the effects, the plot twists – everything needs to come at a certain time in the movie for it to work. From director to director, they’ve faithfully followed Lucas’ formula and like the successful Bond series, “Star Wars” shines from one generation to the next as an epic tale as big as a galaxy, long ago and far, far, away. Abrams has picked up the sword and marched into battle, giving us – not an expanded “modern” version, aka Star Trek full of CGI wonders – but a film that fans all over the world can love and place into the lexicon. I would say it rises to the level of an “Empire Strikes Back” filled with pathos, humor and reveal. To describe the plot in any fashion would betray that trust established with the first movie. Let each audience experience it for the first time, dazzled by its technical brilliance.

Yes, John Williams has returned and in the most obvious places, his themes surface when they need to emphasize emotional visuals. Those themes we’ve come to love and cherish underscore characters we’ve come to think of as old friends. We slip them on and relish their comfort. And while the past rises to fulfil its purpose, new faces emerge into the Star Wars vocabulary – characters we will no doubt discuss over coffee tomorrow and for many tomorrows to come. I didn’t find one weak spot in this seventh film and found it just as enthralling and as thrilling as the shows we’ve come to expect from Lucas without the silliness of a Jar Jar Binks. Abrams has demonstrated his ability to conduct a Mahler Symphony after so many musical suites. This is epic filmmaking that will last for decades to come and he deserves a great deal of the credit for making it happen. He’s carefully framed each shot, doesn’t dwell too long but gives us just enough character and visuals to thoroughly digest the new order rising in the galactic world of the old Republic.

We already know there will be nine total films. No one in the audience expected to see a total resolution in the end. We know there is more and more and more; and I look forward to every frame, every note, and every light saber battle down the last swing at the villain’s demise.
    Colige suspectos semper habitos

There you have it. If you went to Star Wars this weekend you were part of the biggest box office opening in the history of film. On every level, Star Wars broke every box office record - over $500 million opening weekend estimates (world bo included). That's huge!
    Colige suspectos semper habitos

I'm seeing it tonight. It looks good. (But I heard there is no Boba Fett. That breaks my heart!)

Quote Originally Posted by cinemabon View Post
    Abrams has picked up the sword and marched into battle, giving us – not an expanded “modern” version, aka Star Trek full of CGI wonders – but a film that fans all over the world can love and place into the lexicon.
    You nailed it, cinemabon. You know where and how to place this movie. It is what The Phantom Menace should have been, 16 years ago.
    George Lucas was always protective of his work, but when the work is not up to snuff you have to pass the reins to someone who can do it. In the fan-supportive documentary The People Vs. George Lucas a talking head mentions that George Lucas was implored "To make these!" (NEW Star Wars episodes), and it fell on deaf ears. I'm actually surprised that he sold LucasFilm, given his abject protectiveness over his baby. Maybe he saw the light (sabre). LOL Maybe he had a revelation about Star Wars being more than "My Canterbury Tales"- whatever the reason, I'm glad cinemas will be alive with THE FORCE. It didn't have to be this way, George! Up until Howard the Duck you were a bona fide genius.

:)

The imdb reviews are awesome. Awesome in that so many losers had a terrible experience at the new Star Wars.
    Do they enjoy anything anymore? LOL
    Make a Star Wars movie yourself, you sad sots. Show the world how it's done. In the meantime, shut the fuck up. LOL
    Haters gonna Hate.

I really enjoyed The Force Awakens. If it was terrible I wouldn't hold back, would I? Ha Ha Ha