Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada votes 2015

That does sound like good news indeed.

Yes indeed.
    You know what's really amazing? I haven't heard a single negative thing said about Harper by a single Tory or Tory supporter.
    They still think he's the cats pajamas, when history proves that he's the absolute worst PM we've ever had.
    Not a peep- the only thing I heard was Tony Clement conceding that maybe the "tone" of the government was off.
    "Off"? Holy fuckballs is that understating it!

The 2015 election was a gigantic Bitchslap to these ignorant and oblivious morons, and they're acting as if Harper wasn't the problem.
    Talk about blind! Talk about head-in-the-tarsands!
    You Tories will never win power ever again, mark my words.
    And if you ever wonder why, I'll give you a hint: Stephen FUCKING Harper.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

I guess the silence shows he still has plenty of power. He would, wouldn't he? Bitchslapped, but unbowed.

Yeah. Don't say anything bad about The Fuhrer! He's still here! And he's Connected!

My Harper thread has had over 1500 views since I closed it. I'm hoping it's Conservatives, looking for clues to my magic take-down of Herr HelmetHead. The only clues you need are: I hated him, I was right to take direct aim at him, and I think I helped bring him down, in a small way. Like Hunter S. Thompson, I came out of left-field (literally!), with no politics credentials, and had to be reckoned with. One of the best things I've ever done in my life. That thread was gruelling to maintain but so worth it you can't even imagine.
    Last edited by Johann; 01-21-2016 at 12:15 PM.

I gave up on that Harper thread twice, because the slog was so shitty and infuriating.
    It took 4 extra-long years of scandals for Canadians to clue in on how much of a clusterfuck Harper was.
    I called it way back in 2005, but not a soul was listening. Are you listening now?
    Just like George W. Bush (another unqualified jackass), Harper was a full-frontal assault on Canadians' innocence and sanity.

What's telling is not a single Tory or one of their toe-suckers dared to come on this website and refute me.
    Good thing, because I was and still am ready to unload stores of ammunition on that Fuckhead from Calgary.
    He's criminal, and belongs in prison. I'll keep reminding people of that fact until it happens. (and even if it doesn't).
    He's in MY PRISON. I'm the Warden. ;)

A lone voice of reason?

"Vox clamantis in deserto"? (Dartmouth College's Latin motto, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness.")

Not reason. Just Outrage.

Give yourself credit for a good mind.

That's kind of you to say. Thanks.

What I mean is that the media in Canada were not outraged enough. Many were "conscious" of Harper's suckitude, but they weren't outraged enough. And that's dead-wrong. That's why I felt I had to pipe up about Harper. Curse words were summoned...
    A journalists' job is to find the truth, as quickly as possible, find the nut of the story FAST. And all of them were asleep at the wheel, beholden to their Masters. And even good people like Chantal Hebert were not outraged. They spoke softly, and you had to strain to hear the criticisms of Harpers' batshit insane government. I think I embarrassed Canada's own media, and they don't even know it. There should've been SERIOUS OUTRAGE over what Harper did. And there still should be. But no, we got righties who don't say a peep, and we got lefties ignoring the incredible damage and destruction.

Trudeau's got a lot of work to do. The first 4 years will be just a clean-up job. Nothing substantial will get done for Canada in at least 4 years. Harper fucked everybody over (including his own people!) and he faces no penalty. That's an Injustice that I can't stomach.

What you say about the media go for the US equally of course, if not more so. What went wrong? Well, so far as there was once a free press, that's changed during my lifetime, very rapidly in recent decades, slower when I was young. Once the internet joined TV in sapping the energy and financial support daily print journalism, real press coverage of events went just about totally out the window. And so the public is not stimulated to question politicians. It's only when shit really hits the fan and people are suffering economically everywhere but the top, which is happening, that people take to the street and there may be some action. BUt even with a more liberal and enlightened person at the top, both countries may both have become plutocracies as Noam Chomsky says of the US, though he acknowledges that we do have quite a lot of freedom in this country to express ourselves. It's not exactly a free country if you're a person of color or an undocumented worker, though.

People don't understand that finding the truth on any news is damn near impossible.
    The University of Ottawa's student newspaper "The Fulcrum" had a front page decrying the state of journalism in Canada, stating that "they are very deliberately driving that bus off a cliff...They're having a laugh"- They, being the owners of the media.

There is no one's feet being held to the fire- it's all mere commentary, with no bite, no teeth, no MEANING.
    So fuck 'em.
    I'll shame 'em until I die. :)

That's bad about corporate downgrading of the press. Unfortunately Canada is just one step behind the US in many respects. They do have some things, like relatively less crime and gun violence and single payer health care. And there being fewer people maybe it's just quieter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Knipp View Post
    even with a more liberal and enlightened person at the top, both countries may both have become plutocracies as Noam Chomsky says of the US, though he acknowledges that we do have quite a lot of freedom in this country to express ourselves.
    You're right, and Chomsky's right: Canada and the USA are PLUTOCRACIES. The 1% has hijacked the system, which always was their goal, going back to when Napoleon was defeated at Waterloo!
    There's a very true line from "King" in Platoon: "The poor have always been fucked over by the rich. Always have, Always will..."
    It's accepted, part of our patois as it were, that the poor are "necessary burdens", and that they have less value as humans than the rich. (And that is embodied by scum like Kevin O'Leary- he's the poster child for "KILL THE POOR", the reason Dead Kennedys did the song.)
    We have freedom of speech, only because the ILLUSION of freedom is so great. How damaging is speech these days? You'd have to prove that actual harm was done, that the person was off the rails and way out of line, such as racist hate speech, death threats and the like..
    What I did in my Harper thread was lace the truth with outrage. It was and is up the reader whether I'm insane or not, and more importantly, to throw what I said against their own truth radar. I actually lied twice in that thread- do you know where? I pulled an "Ed Muskie is on Ibogaine" on Harper, Just like HST did, with spectacular results. Hunter Thompson's compass was infallible!!!!!

More of my laser-guided research has uncovered that Barack Obama has DEEP connections to the Rockefellers, and always has.
    Yes, Obama is definitely NOT WHAT HE SEEMS.

He doesn't seem anything but privileged when you know as a kid he attended Hawaii's most elite school, Punahou. See this article from NPR. But of course as a black kid he was getting into that world from outside. http://www.npr.org/2012/10/13/162786...dow-to-success

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast