Thread: Fahrenheit 9/11: Still potent a decade later

Fahrenheit 9/11: Still potent a decade later

I watched Michael Moore's fantastic Palm D'or winning film Fahrenheit 9/11 again recently, after the DVD sat unwatched for years on my shelf. It is still a Masterpiece, it still packs a wallop, and it should be required viewing for every high school student (grade 10 at least).

With the Saudi Arabian government recently threatening pulling all their investments out of the USA if 9/11 victims are allowed to sue the Saudi government over that despicable terror attack, Michael Moore's film is VERY relevant. Moore himself had a colleague die on 9/11 (Bill Weems). The footage we see of the Bin Laden family members being allowed to leave the United States (fly out) in the wake of the attacks when all other aircraft were grounded is astonishing. The footage of Bush Sr. and Jr. in shady positions, not representing the American people, only out for their own interests is still shocking, and I'm stunned there is no criminal charges against the whole fucking gang.

Richard A. Clarke's interviews also piqued my interest. I saw him on CNN the other day, promoting what looks like a great WWIII/Apocalyptic/Doomsday novel, in the context of the Presidential election. I'll pick that up soon and let you know what I thought of it.
    Donald Trump should be nowhere near the nuclear button. The President can order the military around the world, WITHOUT CONGRESS, and that is scary to contemplate. Think of that vaccuous egomaniac sitting in the Oval Office, on a whim ordering a bunch of elite troops to go on batshit missions. Just imagine that. It'd be like Mr. Magoo, blind as a bat, going on retarded adventures of disastrous consequences. Donald is the kind of guy who would say "I'm the President. Fuck 'Em. We'll see if sand can glow in the dark! (a la Ted Cruz lol) And what he'd actually see is a lot of U.S. troops come home in body bags, and then he'd have to be like W. Bush, carping about "Staying The Course" and how his mission is accomplished, or some other stupid shit like that.

Trump = No Way Jose.
    It'd be a repeat of 2003-04 all over again, and the USA is still feeling the repercussions from that war, and new ones (ISIS/ISIL).

Back to Fahrenheit 9/11.
    The movie is brilliantly structured. It's an ANSWER to the false-President George W. Bush. Al Gore won the 2000 election folks. It's a brilliant answer to the stupid richie-rich asshole clown Dubya and his "War" presidency.
    Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. It was the Saudis, Straight, No Chaser. Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, yet Dubya insisted that the American people be told otherwise. Despicable. The man should be behind bars. Period.
    Watch this film. It's probably in the top 3 of most important journalistic documentaries ever made.
    Last edited by Johann; 05-17-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd