You covered Jim Jarmusch's Paterson for NYFF and I agree with your review. Not a whole lot happens and it's a little difficult to describe, even tho I think it's pretty much perfect.

Adam Driver is a city bus driver for NJ Transit: the 23 Paterson bus. His name is Paterson, and he lives in Paterson. This film is a crash-course in Paterson history, and it's fascinating to me. Not a single frame is out of place here- Frederick Elmes is a Master cinematographer who's worked with the best. No one can complain about the compositions in this. There is deadpan humour, as you mentioned Chris, and I loved it. Especially the scene where the bartender tells Everett he should be an actor....Priceless.
Jarmusch can take the most mundane thing and give it oomph. He makes cupcakes, dogs, plain locales, a plain house and plain bus depot look Interesting, despite being run-of-the-mill.
Love is the story here. Paterson's love for his woman Laura and his love for poetry.
It seems a little strange that a city transit bus driver would write personal and pretty good poetry, but why not? Stranger things have happened...
I found the character of Paterson to be very compelling. Adam Driver is a very engaging actor, and here he shines. He's totally believable, and he has a great career ahead of him.
I loved all of the little details about Paterson, New Jersey: Lou Costello, William Carlos Williams, streets, the waterfalls, even Marvin the dog had charm, even if I hated him by the end. LOL Speaking of the end, if I have one complaint about this flawless movie, it was the ending. It's fine as it is, I know why Jarmusch did it that way, just for me I was left a little wanting..

All in all, stellar film by an old hand at it.