1. Chicago

-please read review-

2. The Hours

-please read review-

3. Gangs of New York

-Daniel Day-Lewis sizzled but the script was mediocre and so was the direction. But Marty will probably be rewarded at Oscar time because they've snubbed him so many times before.

4. Catch Me If You Can

-the best things about this film were the opening title sequence, John Williams's score, and Walken's performance. It's nice to see Tom Hanks taking over for Dan Akroyd as well. (Great story though!)

5. About Schmidt

-please read review-

6. Minority Report

-a suped-up, special effects laden, sprawling Twilight Zone episode that looked like it could have been directed by anybody. Great performances from Tom Cruise and Samantha Morton though.

7. The Good Girl

-the acting was fine and the script played by its own rules but they might as well as had someone come out after the end credits rolled and hold up a sign that read 'Don't let this happen to you!'

8. My Big Fat Greek Wedding

-an old man sitting behind me turned to his wife after this movie ended and said "And 'ya see? There wasn't any swearing, nudity, sex, and nobody got killed." Yeah, I saw.

9. Spiderman

- Sam Raimi is a great director but the digital effects were laughably cheap. I forgot about it an hour after I left the theater. Great performance from Williem Dafoe though. (PS- I'd rather watch Superman with Christopher Reeve.)

10. Time Out

-sensationalistic true life story turned into a dull French film about a corporate conformist.

Honorable mention: The Road to Perdition and 24 Hour Party People