I grew up playing video games, so I may not have a leg to stand on when it comes to this board, but I'll say this: Fight Club = decent movie. Not great, not even one of my hundred favorite because it's so nihilistic. Yes, Citizen Kane would rank higher than Fight Club if I ended up ranking movies someday. No, I haven't seen 2001 yet, so I can't make the comparison (and yes, I do consider myself a film fan though I haven't seen 2001). But Fight Club is, at least, a decent film that explores a topic which incites discussion among audiences, as well as featuring some good performances and directorial flourishes. The same cannot be said of, say...

Independence Day? Oscar, surely you jest in defending this film in the same thread as Citizen Kane. Egad, I'm shaken...

Side note: anyone else notice how, if we were debating sports or politics or music, people would likely share their opinions and perhaps argue, but ultimately shake the whole experience off, whereas when we argue film, it gets the blood boiling hotter than nearly any other topic I can think of. Possibly only less incendiary than politics or religion, such is the proof of the power of film.

Oh, and on the subject of overrated, I have to bring out the ghost of last year's Minority Report as being a whole lot of flash and a clever concept rolled into a little tiny ball of logic and then crushed with some bad CGI, senseless plot twists and bad characterization. Though Samantha Morton did a better job than she needed to, given the circumstances.