Thread: Favorite To Win Oscars Now

Favorite To Win Oscars Now

With Rob Marshall winning his first Director's Guild award on his first try, Chicago is more than a director's triumph, there weren't any coattails for Marshall in terms of his past movies or legacy. Chicago was something special that seems to be catching fire. With the Screen Actor's Guild awards coming up, if Chicago wins awards there, it would certainly put the icing on a very big cake!

I must say, though I liked the film, there are certain categories I don't want to see it win in. I mean, Renee Zellwegger wasn't even the best actress in the film, let alone the best actress of the year, and if Rob Marshall beats Martin Scorsese then a lot of people will be very dissatisfied. It's probably a shoo-in for Best Picture, which I can go for, and in a perfect world Queen Latifah and Catherine Zeta-Jones would share that Best Supporting Actress gong.
    Perfume V - he tries, bless him.

I Can Live With That

Sound o.k. with me.

People keep harping that Chicago is Marshall's first film-even Renee Zellweger! It wasn't, folks.
    His first feature film was a remake of the musical "Annie" with Kathy Bates & Alan Cumming...
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Wasn't That Production Shown On Television?

Wasn't "Annie" a feature-length movie made for television and that "Chicago" was Marshall's first full length feature film?

In Canada it screened on the big screen, and if i recall, it was "feature-length". Kathy Bates & Alan Cumming are Hollywood actors...
    It may have been made for TV, but I didn't see it on the tube.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd