Thread: Coming: GIVE ME LIBERTY (KIRILL MIKHANOVSKY) Aug. 23, 2019

Coming: GIVE ME LIBERTY (KIRILL MIKHANOVSKY) Aug. 23, 2019

COMING SOON:

KIRILL MIKHANOVSKY: GIVE ME LIBERTY (2019)

Russian emigre KIRILL MIKHANOVSKY presents his very indie, chaotically energetic GIVE ME LIBERTY, with Lauren 'Lolo' Spencer, Chris Galust, Maxim Stoyanov, and others, about some wild hours with the young driver of a disability van in the city of Milwaukee. Shot on a shoestring with mostly non actors, it debuted at Sundance this January and showed at Cannes Directors Fortnight as well as in BAMcinemafest and at Munich. It opened theatrically in Paris July 24 and was very well received for its "eccentricity," "tenderness," "humanity" and "love." (AlloCiné press rating 3.6 based on 21 reviews). Metascore is presently 73.

David Rooney in Hollywood Reporter describes Give Me Liberty as a "very satisfying film about real people living real lives, full of messy complications and sorrows yet illuminated by small pleasures, surprising connections and unexpected acts of kindness."

US theatrical release begins August 23. It will run at the Roxie Theater in San Francisco August 30-September 5.

Lauren 'Lolo' Spencer
    Last edited by Chris Knipp; 08-04-2019 at 10:40 AM.