Thread: THE PANDEMIC STREAMING WORLD: Oscilloscope, Kino Lorber, Music Box Films

Threaded View

From Bela Tarr's Satantango

More Film at Lincoln Center Virtual Cinema for this week

Sátántangó—Béla Tarr’s epic masterpiece opens tomorrow, April 17
    A Film at Lincoln Center exclusive virtual run!

It's 7 1/2 hours long. I have a screener if I have the stamina to write about it. It will cost you $14.99 to watch it online.. Sign up HERE.

It was shown at the NYFF last year and had a theatrical run in Oct. 2019. But I don't think you can watch it at home otherwise than this - or if you can get hold of the 3-disc French PAL DVD version, which sells for $135.

The Booksellers—D.W. Young’s acclaimed documentary opens tomorrow, April 17

This was the last new film I saw in New York before escaping, at the Quad. I didn't review it but if you love bookstores, you must see it. The virtual viewing costs $9.99. Set it up HERE.

Highlights from Rendez-Vous with French Cinema are available for FREE on Festival Scope!

Festival Scope link

I've reported on this and recently reviewed the two I had not seen, Jeanne (Bruno Dumont) and The Children of Isadora (Damien Manivel). The others are The Dazzled,, Prix Jean Vigo winner, and Burning Ghost, those two, somewhat lackluster in my view (despite the prize), I reviewed during the Rendez-Vous; see Filmleaf Festival Coverage.

(These are no longer available.)
    Last edited by Chris Knipp; 04-28-2020 at 12:51 PM.