Thread: How to Go to the Movies

Threaded View

Home viewing is nothign compared to seeing a film with an audience

It really angers me that there are people who want those to shut up during a film just because they have an opinion or feeling in relation to the film itself,

Being a moron and jerk during a film is one thing but when someone cheers or laughs, I consider it to be a rewarding experience watching a film in a theatre. I mean, why do you go to a theatre and watch a film with 100's of people?

Watching films with 100's of people, whether you know them or not, is public. Watching films at home viewing, is private. There IS a difference. So if you want people to shut up at a theatre just because they laugh or cheer out of being emotionally attached to a film, well, what are you doing with watching a film with 100's of people anyway? You can watch a film alone and with your kids perfectly ok at home and get no interruptions.

I consider home viewing to be a deterioration of the experience watching a film, however. I like watching films in public because I love having a good time. I only watch films at home to study or to treasure.

And while I own my DVDs, I still say I like the theatre experience much better. I don't care if I pay $9.00-$10.00 for a film. Home viewing takes away the enthusiasm one gets when watching a film in public.
    Last edited by pipsorcle; 05-10-2003 at 07:01 PM.