Thread: Run Lola Run

rocketrogerhood Guest

Run Lola Run

So she runs, big deal. Anybody else think this one stunk?

Good Lord No

No way, man. Run Lola was a german gem.

Why do you think it stunk?
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Fourth Go Around Wasn't Quit As Dazzling, But What Movie Is?

I finally watched Run, Lola, Run for the fourth time recently (on satellite) since my three visits to the theater when it first came out. This sitting was the least entertaining and I remember the interesting scenario snapshots of various other characters more comprehensible and indelible (at least as I recall) than this time. I didn't might, however, sitting through this rapid fire, energy rush again. This unusual, fun, and entertaining movie was a hit back in its premiere days and richly deserves its claim to fame. While in retrospect, probably not one of my all time favorites now, I don't ever regret having seen it and I'm glad I did. I would say that Run, Lola, Run is a must see for any person who hasn't seen it.

Now that the catchy theme behind the movie has been churned over in my mind, the long term excitement doesn't resonant as well in terms of the deep meaning, substantive themes that the best movies of all time retain and the acting, well it's...not really power-driven on such performances as the script and it's unique angle to directing this more avant garde movie.

I liked this movie because it reminded me of the "Choose Your Own..." books I used to read when I was younger. Y'know those books where you're in a situation and you have two or three different ways to deal with it, (If you want to shoot him, turn to page 4, if you want to walk away, turn to page 5, etc...). "Run Lola Run" reminded me of those books because of the three different possible outcomes of the same situation. It's an interesting and original take on the "what if" concept. I've never seen a film explore this idea, or at least one that explored it so effectively. I didn't care too much for the techno theme (I like a lot of techno, and I think it's a good theme...but I don't think it was that great). I'll agree with tabuno's comments that it is a movie to see if you haven't. It's not the best movie in the world, and it won't make my favorites list, but it is a movie that is worth seeing. Just don't expect it to stay as fresh as the first time. It's some good fun I think.