My loved the movie, my wife hated it because it was boring. I'm afraid that the craft of silent horror is too nebulous a concept for American instant gratification impulsive buying audiences can tolerate. Why "Blair Witch Project" connected is the possible reality tv premise that has caught fire here in the United States. But "28 Days Later" is so full of thinking and lacking in constant action of "Charlies Angels" or "Matrix" or any of the summer blockbusters, American's don't have time to sit still and be bombarded with foreign-like films...(28 Days Later is obviously not shot in the United States). We can't relate to it.

Many Americans want to be entertained not dragged into some negative horror picture - with the war and the deficit going on.

But really, the movie was great. It's just that most of America (though it's been holding up rather well in American theaters considering) needs another 50 or 100 years to catch up to the brilliance of this movie. We just need more time to quit spending and learn how to slow down like the movie.