Thread: The crimes of Charlotte Rampling

Threaded View

The crimes of Charlotte Rampling

***SPOILERS***

Ozzy has gone the mysterious route before- with great results I might add- so why does Swimming Pool seem post-climactic all the way through?
    Don't get me wrong, I loved the flick. Ozon is honing his craft with the greatest of tools. If this film is any indication, he's just taking well known territory and exploring it with more panache.

Ludivine Sagnier is an actress I admire, but she helped me out in predicting the ending. Knowing her previous work so well puts me at a great advantage. She is letting her intelligence shine through and I can read intelligence like no one's business. (However the truly great actresses make me forget that "if it ain't on the page, it ain't on the stage", & allow me to get jiggy with the movie. You didn't do it this time, Ludivine. Maybe in 5x2?)

Charlotte Rampling. She could run a master class on acting.
    My favorite scene in the film is when she is "set up" by Julie to dance and smoke dope.
    First Char dances like an ostrich at a barn dance, but she slowly gets "groovy" to the tunes and sole male in the house. Spellbinding scene. The close-up of her in the chair while dance music fills the air lets you know the film is all Rampling.
    I was in my movie-watching element during this scene..
    Another triumph for Foxtrot Oscar.
    Last edited by Johann; 07-26-2003 at 12:01 AM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd