Thread: Finding Nemo Will Get Oscar Nod

Finding Nemo Will Get Oscar Nod

How about another animated feature film to get nominated for an Oscar Best Picture? With the rapid, box-office sensation, Finding Nemo, is already one of the the best movies and popular with the audience. Like Titanic, it has momentum that will carry it through to next March 2004.

USA Today says that Finding Nemo and Seabiscuit for Oscars

July 29 USA Today announce that Finding Nemo and Seabisquit are the two early favorites that have Oscar buzz about them. Whether or not they can maintain the buzz until next year depends. But so far, I've put my own money down on these two for Best Picture.

Nemo

It was all Disney this summer.

Finding Nemo will not get the nod.

It will win the gong. It's better than Shrek to me.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

I'm Stupid! What?

Are you referring to the Gong Show for terrible movie but at the same time saying it was great because it was better than Shrek but it won't get an Oscar nod because it is bad and good?

This is what I mean

What I'm saying is: Finding Nemo will win the oscar for best animated feature.

The word "gong" is the slang term in Britain for "oscar trophy".

I apologize for confusing you.

I Love British

There is something really "cool" about how British speak and how they spell words. It's "neat" to be able to get a British perspective.

You may be right about Finding Nemo and best animation but one year the lines between animation and live acting will cross and an animated movie will be nominated for best picture. I still can see Finding Nemo getting an acknowledgement (it's like Best Foreign Picture being nominated for Best Picture).

BEST PICTURE NOMINEES

Originally posted by tabuno
    one year the lines between animation and live acting will cross and an animated movie will be nominated for best picture. I still can see Finding Nemo getting an acknowledgement (it's like Best Foreign Picture being nominated for Best Picture).

Who can name the foreign language films who've received best picture noms and the one animated film that has received a nomination for Best Picture?
    Last edited by oscar jubis; 09-16-2003 at 12:51 AM.

My guess

Beauty and the Beast was nominated for Best Picture

Foreign films? The Last Emperor? That's all off the top of my head.

Re: My guess

Originally posted by Johann
    Beauty and the Beast was nominated for Best Picture
    Yes, it was. Not The Lion King or Fantasia or Pinocchio or Pan or Snow White. Not surprised it's you with the right answer.

Foreign films? The Last Emperor? That's all off the top of my head.
    Mandarin and Japanese are spoken briefly in EMPEROR but most of the dialogue is in English, whereas the theatrical version of CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON was 100% Mandarin. It's the most recent foreign language film nominated in the general Best Picture category. There are others...