Thread: Studio Greed

Studio Greed

The decision to split the movie into two "volumes" is pure greed on the part of Harvey Weinstein and Miramax (and Papi Disney). I cannot judge Mr. Tarantino since I don't know whether or to what extent he was pressured into going along. There is no way anyone can form a valid opinion of Kill Bill without seeing the whole movie. There is no way Miramax will pick my pocket twice. I don't sneak into a second movie after having watched another, but this is exactly what I plan to do this time. Any opinions I have after Volume One will be tentative and provisional.
    Last edited by oscar jubis; 10-09-2003 at 11:36 PM.

I wholeheartedly agree. The movie should be altogether in one roll of film. But there's one thing you're forgetting. The target demographic (people my age) aren't the kind of people who want to sit through that much action. I know some friends who couldn't stand LOTR's length, which didn't affect me at all. It's all politics.
    "So I'm a heel, so what of it?"
    --Renaldo the Heel, from Crimewave

Maybe you're right but length didn't keep LOTR from becoming the highest grossing movie ever. What the bigwigs(today's Batalas) were thinking is "how can we charge double for this movie and how can we fit more shows into a day's schedule".
    Last edited by oscar jubis; 10-12-2003 at 09:59 PM.