I like your comment, which is very well put and obviously sincere. Nonetheless that Chuck and Buck was a single idea developed into a full movie is what Arteta and White themselves have explained that they did. I don't respond to Chuck and Buck and in fact I find it maddening and downright bad, but I know other people respond to it very positively. It's a sensibility --a taste, if you like-- that I don't share. But it's also that Arteta and White were learning their craft. My point in mentioning Chuck and Buck is to compare it to The Good Girl and comment that The Good Girl has more rounded characters and story. But judging by this forum, some find The Good Girl as repulsive as I found Chuck and Buck. If you don't agree that Mike White and some of the other non actors in Chuck and Buck have modest acting skills, well, what can I say? You yourself say they were "excellent, considering...." You have developed a fondness for this movie and you are choosing to make allowances. I find what I see as a fundamental mocking of gayness in Chuck and Buck offensive --gayness is represented as geeky and out of touch with reality and funny/peculiar-- and I respond negatively to the resulting movie. But Chuck and Buck is meant to make us uncomfortable, as many current films of social commentary are. Pumpkin and About Schmidt both have this as one of their aims.