It's presumptuous to state that it's "impossible" for others to feel differently about a character than you do. I certainly managed the "impossible". More so because, as written and performed, the characterization avoids mawkishness.
I don't go by popularity polls, even among critics. Avoiding mawkishness doesn't seem to me any guarantee of "warming to" a character.

In writing a review, I don't like to use "I" and I am attempting to speak as an "arbiter of taste." Therefore I do not write "It is impossible for me to warm to him" for both reasons, as a matter of review-writing style (I'm not a product of the "Me" journalism) and because I'm stating what I think is a valid description of the character. The fact that some people will love any character or any film is not any kind of refutation of a critical assessment.

My implication was that it is impossible for anybody with good judgment to warm to the character.

Shouldn't you be outraged? Sometimes you seem too nice to everybody--here, to the dwarf, and to me. If you like him, you should be outraged by what I have written about him.

To take any kind of decisive critical position is presumptuous. It has to be. That doesn't make it wrong. But, right or wrong, I have stated my assessment honestly.