Chris Knipp: Why didn't The Company pan out so well? One of the likely reasons is that as I said, unlike most Altman efforts this one's cast is not "heavy with talent."

tabuno: What's refreshing and compelling about The Company is "the talent." Unlike acting and actors, it appears that in The Company, the people in the movie were more in natural - in otherwise - weren't actors and were not intended to be. I had the feeling that what I was watching were dancers in the film production that lent the movie much more believeability and authenticity than most movies. What better way to produce and direct a film that really exposes what I again refer to as a "Lost in Translation" experience. "The Blair Witch Project" captured the imagination by its grainy almost all movie-like production. So too with The Company were are exposed to not the overly dramatic, the subtle performance of acting, but the real deal as in a docudrama without the drama. I'd almost call it soft drama, maybe even "real" drama.