I'm glad you liked it and you're in good company. I got some fun out of it. After some of the more earnest things you have been watching it may have been (no pun intended) a godsend. But I'm surprised you were not troubled by the ambivalence of the piece. I'm not at all convinced that satire is a mode of writing earnest Christians are capable of.

This balancing act of supporting certain values that Christianity shares with other belief systems while satirizing the hipocrisy and narrow-mindedness of Fundamentalism is difficult to achieve.
You even had trouble getting your mouth around these ideas but I agree; I just differ with your next sentence, "Saved! succeeds."

I wonder what John Waters would think of Saved! I found it similar to the gay Mormon movie Latter Days. That's a story which is significant for gay people, but like Saved! it's too close to, and ambivalent about, its subject to see it with any detachment, or any consistency of tone. I watched both with a lot of interest, and some enjoyment, but ultimately little admiration.