Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Eve of Destruction

Very sad news. Keep us posted.

Get him out! No pseudo-Bush in Canada!

Oh I'll keep you posted.
    Harper is the biggest disgrace this country has seen in AGES.

President Obama is set to officially reject Harper's Keystone pipeline plans for Texas soon and I'm glad.
    This pipeline is not to enrich Canadians (or Allies). It's to enrich Harper himself. And of course scores of his pals in the energy sector, which is his only priority in the Prime Minister's Office. That's his only focus.

If anyone thinks otherwise they are a fucking idiot.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

I hope Obama's Keystone Pipeline decision is solid and not just going to lead to some alternative that is hardly better. The gov't has hedged, saying the rejection is more due to the too-soon deadline for a decision than to outright rejection of the whole project -- if I understand correctly.

PBS:
    As we had noted before, The Washington Post is reporting that the administration will ultimately allow TransCanada to resubmit a proposal that reroutes the pipeline around the Sandhills of Nebraska. The Post reports:

"The administration's decision includes language making it clear that TransCanada can reapply, stating, 'The determination does not preclude any subsequent permit application or applications for subsequent projects.'
    The Republicans and Harper are displeased, but they have not failed. The environmentalists for whom this has been a huge rallying point have wond a temporary victory.

Indeed.

They talk about jobs it would create, but do they know that the second this pipeline goes through Canada loses 20,000 jobs over it?
    And Harper is always blabbing about creating jobs, boosting the economy? What economy you fucktard?!?!
    What a crock of horseshit.
    It's all about profits for him and his buddies in the oil/energy sector. Period. Full stop.
    And we all know that Harper doesn't give two flying fucks about the environment, calling protestors "radicals who want to treat Canada like it's an untouchable National Park".

I want Harper six feet under the ground, with an Exxon Flag to mark his grave.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

That sounds like a desirable goal.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789